• Evolution VIII

Votes: 47 82.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Do Work, Son!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a daily driver (cage). I narrowed it down to 2 choices. I have don't want to spend more than 20k. I'm getting an R1 around the same time so, I won't be killing this car with miles. Plus I live on base so everything is close.

RSX type-S

Any year is fine as long as it's clean and has low miles. Great looking car and not as expensive as an Evo. Less $$ for car = More $$ for mods. Not as powerful as en Evo. About 200 FWHP for a stock type-S.

Evolution VIII

I understand I won't find anything newer than a 8 with low miles for 20k, so I won't even try. Great looking car with great power. It will, however, cost me a lot to get it looking the way I want it. About 280 AWHP for a stock Evo.

I'm pending deployment orders, so I won't be ready for a couple months before I can buy. It would suck to buy a car, get deployed and have to leave it in storage for 8 months. Any input is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
338 Posts
evo by far

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
^??? Insurance is probably higher on an Evo...

Dude go with the Evo. Neither looks that classic, so it comes down to real performance car vs. fake performance car. Or you could just pile up the money while you're on deployment, hazardous duty pay and all, and get one of the new Evo's. I've always leaned towards an STi over an Evo... Thought it looked better and Subaru build quality/longevity owns Mitsubishi by a MILE. However, the new STi downgraded and looks like a gay spaceship, while the new Evo upgraded and looks pretty sweet.

·
Do Work, Son!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strange... I honestly think the Evo looks better than the RSX.

The only problem with the Evo is they are hard to find. In order for me to get one, I might have to get it shipped.

Evo's require a lot of maintenance, but so to motorcycles so I'm used to it.

More opinions please. :cool:

·
Registered
376 Posts
save some $$ for the bike and get the rsx..
once you start messing with turbos you can get into some big $$..
i mean how can you resist not tuning that car..

·
Do Work, Son!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Get a Civic. They're great for piling on the miles. After all, it's a freaking Civic, so you won't care if it gets beat up a little. They also get great mileage too, so you won't have to spend $4.00 per gallon as often. They're also much cheaper to insure, leaving you money to put food on the table.

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
EVO, but only casue you dont have WRX STI on there, those cars can be scary fast. and they really arent too expensive

·
Registered
326 Posts
Remixx02 said:
Strange... I honestly think the Evo looks better than the RSX.

The only problem with the Evo is they are hard to find. In order for me to get one, I might have to get it shipped.

Evo's require a lot of maintenance, but so to motorcycles so I'm used to it.

More opinions please. :cool:
Evo's do not require alot of maintenance.

Evo's are a great all around car, 270AWHP, AWD, 4 Doors, plenty of room. Doesn't require much money to reach 300+ WHP either if u look to do a lil upgrading.

The RSX, none of that really...you carry any people in the back and their not gonna like you after about 20 mins.

Maybe im partial to evo's since i've been doing DSM's for about 8 years now, but thats just me. If i didn't need a truck for hauling, it be an EVO hands down.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've owned them both and the Acura is a better everyday car, but cant touch the evo when it comes to performance. If you just want a nice everyday car go with the acura IMO. here are both of mine.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts