Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Why are you eating me R6?
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got this bike to go on the track and I finally went. Here is a brief recap of my experiences and a gopro video of someone casing me at the end.

So I did my track day with TonysTrackDays.com and I'm glad I did. Tony was the one who personally answered my emails about the upcoming track day and was very helpful. The help didnt stop there though. I got to Loudon on Sunday night for the Monday track day and there was a sea of those green shirts in the garage, every employee more helpful then the last. I got through tech no problem and was set up in the garage for the next morning.

Here I'm going to insert a quick write-up of how I got my bike prepped for the track because I know when I was looking on here there wasn't all that much especially on disabling lights.
So: I started easy and took of the mirrors. Just remember to put zip ties in because of the washer like thing where the bolt goes through.(also holds the windscreen onto the fairing)
Next I checked that my brake fluids were not too high because I had heard way to many horror stories of fluid boiling and locking up the brakes.
Next I moved on to another easy one, removing the license plate.
Next was the taillight. This is where I didn't find any write ups and wish I had. There is a plug under the rear seat, so just pop off the rear seat with the key and then take a flathead screwdriver and push the tab down then pull the connector apart.
To finish up the back end I taped the license plate bolt lights.
Headlights were next, just unscrew the waterproof cap and pull the connector off the two metal prongs. I just used tape on the little light in the middle.
Last step and arguably the most important step was tire pressures. I have Q2's on and after speaking with some of the guys from tonystrackdays I ended up with 27psi cold front and 26psi cold rear.
I hope that helps clear up some things, I know it took me way longer than it should have, but it was my first time.

So back to my track day:
I started the day in the Red group. You get to follow the leader to see the line and there is class room after every session. This was very helpful, especially since the track has that intimidating feel the first time out on it.
Instead of giving you a play by play of my riding progress, I will just say that I owe a big thanks to the control rider David. He pushed me hard and by the first session after lunch I was much more smooth which equaled speed and I got bumped out of the Red group and into the Yellow group.

If anyone is in doubt about doing a track day, DO IT. It was amazing and I learned unbelievable amounts. I am hooked just like everyone said I would be.

Here is the video of David following me in the Yellow group. I also have one of the me following him in the Red group but I have to cut it down... and im lazy like that.

·
Why are you eating me R6?
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sweet, remember to keep your head down. Nice looking track as well :YEA
Great video...look good for your first day. :toocool:
Thanks guys. I know I need to get my head an body down more... I also need to relax on the bars and be more relaxed. If you see anything else I can work on feel free to let me know :toocool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts