Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally decided to get another bike. However i need a little bit of imput from you guys

I can grab an 01 r6 for pretty cheap (3500). Should i go ahead and get it, even though i would prefer a fuel injected bike? Whats the pros and cons of each?

The other choice is an 08 r6. I was originally intending on getting the new r6, but a friend of mine is having financial issues and needs to get rid of his 01. If you were each in my position what would u do>

Gerrad

·
My R6 drains my bank
24 Posts
yeah its cheap, but you're gonna regret it. don't mess around with the carb'd bike if an 08 is actually an option. your bank might hurt for a little longer, but you and your amazing new bike will be happier for three times as long. but only if its blue or black only, hahaha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those are the only two colors i would consider. I really want the new bike, but being able to pay cash for the 01 is nice. I can afford the new one, but is it really worth three times as much?

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
I had a 2000 and I liked it but then I sold it and bought a new one and never looked back! If your buddy needs to sell it in a hurry then just tell him to advertise it and it will sell for that price quick if its in good condition. So in my opinion I would buy the new one.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If you can afored the new one go for it. Its cool helping a friend out but dontbuy from a close friend. If something happens it will ruin a friendship.

On another note, I had an 02 and it was a great bike, but now I have an 04 and its amazing... I will never turn back....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts