Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need your guys help. I know alot of you have really good knowledge of R6's and maybe someone can help me out.

My 02 R6 has 16000km's on it, still in pretty good shape. The problem is as follows.

My bike is really flat at 7K...it does alot of jumping or bucking, almost like if you were to hit the throttle just a little bit and then back it off. I know most R6's run really lean to begin with around this area, but is this the sign of a fuel system or carb problem. It also is really jumpy in first gear, and it does alot of "popping" from the exhaust (hindle slip on).

I just finished changing my plugs and my air filter, both new OEM products. This didn't fix the issue at all, if anything, it seems more pronounced but maybe i'm so keen on spotting it now, it seems worse.

Has anybody experienced this, and is it a problem or just the way it is for this model? any suggestions are appreciated.

BTW, this site rocks, i've gotten so much good advice so far, but i've been mostly a lurker.

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
Have you had the carbs synced? I had a flat spot low down in the rev range and just got used to it. I took it to the mechanic and had it serviced. He synchronized the carbs and said they weren't too bad, but it sure fixed the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had the carbs synced? I had a flat spot low down in the rev range and just got used to it. I took it to the mechanic and had it serviced. He synchronized the carbs and said they weren't too bad, but it sure fixed the problem.
I haven't had the carbs done yet, but i'm planning it.

Did you also have the jumpiness in first gear and did the sync fix it?

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
Un-synced carbs can make the throttle do weird things. I didn't actually experience a jumpy throttle, so to speak, but could easily feel that when the bike would get to a certain rpm it would go flat and then once past it the bike would feel like it sort of 'took off' again. Perhaps that is the same thing you're experiencing.

Nonetheless, I would definately suggest getting the carbs synced if it has been a while (probably not since your 10000km service). This is the first and cheapest trouble shooting point.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.