1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
You need to try both on and see which one fits YOU better. Also talk to the guys behind the counter or find people who have bought those gloves.

I bought Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves and after 2000 miles they have stretched very NOTICEABLY, almost to the point of needing to buy new ones.

·
Registered
419 Posts
They want a bunch of cash for the dianese gloves
What do they want for the other ones??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Before you buy... checkout www.newenough.com
they have pretty good deals.
I have bought my street jacket and gloves from them. I am happy with both products and there customer service is Great.
They even let me exchange jacket for diff size and did not charge extra.

If gloves are for track days, spend wisely.

here is link to there Closeouts on Gloves.
http://www.newenough.com/product_gr...ite for diff brands and such. Goodluck. :)

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
mr2man said:
I would just go with the $20 from the automotive store.
$20 gloves? mechanix gloves? mechanix gloves are not made for taking a slide when you take a dive. i wrench for a living and these gloves dont last. i also use it for welding, even at that it dont take much to melt the material. about the only thing they are good for is when working on hot engine parts and not scratching up your hands when you play with the wife.

how much are your hands worth? invest in a good pair of leather gloves. i use joe rocket speedmaster gloves. i also have the JR phoenix gloves. i dont use the phoenix gloves anymore. i like the insurance of the speedmasters when i do go down.

if you go down with the mechanix gloves and take off a few layers of skin from your palms, whos gonna wipe your a$$ when you take a $hit. it would be kinda hard to do it with having the gauze and stuff on your hands. just a thought..........

·
Registered
373 Posts
i had a buddy who looped his rc51 goin 80 down a residential street. forks twisted. dual ti cans lopsided. handlebars=nonexistent. his icon jacket was perfect. only one scratch. he was wearing mechanics gloves and his hands got TORE UP. the only thing left on the gloves was the logo on the other side.

i have a pair of JR Phoenix 2.0 gloves that were on me when i looped my bike and went for a 50mph slide. those babies held up. the carbon just below the palm saved my right hand. but there was a hole on the left hand but the ground didn't get to my skin.

IMO gloves are just as important as your helmet and jacket. don't buy the cheap stuff or you'll be the guy with road rash on his ass, making your mom change your bandages three times a day.

bottom line: $$$$$=quality.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Yamfreak said:
here is link to there Closeouts on Gloves.
http://www.newenough.com/product_gr...ite for diff brands and such. Goodluck. :)
ya, defo look into closeouts. I got my A* SP2 gloves for like $39. They run small so get a size bigger than you normally would. they will stretch a bit but not excessively. Nice CF knuckles, nicely padded palms.. I think I got them from Oneida Suzuki or something like that. here is some closeout gloves for cheap. The other thing to do is find the gloves you like and then check www.froogle.com for the best price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The more u spend is definately the more u get with gloves. I own a pair of Alpine Star GP Pros that I bought from kneedraggers an I swear by them especially if you live in a state that gets hot in the summer I don't really sweat in them when its 100 degrees out an mine are all black. Just my $.02 but just remember its your hands or your cash which is more replaceable ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gloves

thx for all the feedback. i tried both gloves on and the dainese had more feel to it than the held in my opinion, i tried the alpinestars but just didn't fit as good, though there are nice gloves, think im going to get these gloves
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/33-DA-7

don't think i will be using these gloves during the summer cause it gets over 100's here only for track days and winter time. thx for the help :cheers

·
Registered
963 Posts
I own the Dainese slam gloves. They were tight at first, but they stretch out really well. I use them all around - summer, spring, etc. They're good gloves. Good protection as well.

Good choice, man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ya nice choice Dainese is some nice stuff. The Alpine Star gloves are real tight at first like u can barely get em on then they stretch an its all good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts