Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a new bike for a "newbie" and I had an insurer tell me that full coverage is just gonna break my bank. I have thought abotu buying it out the door so i dun have to get full overage, but then again not getting full coverage might not be the best idea. Anyone got some links or somethin for me so i can get this venture started right?

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
well first off never ask a banker about insurance thats your first mistake.

but to answer your question in two ways

1 go to state farm and see what they can do for you on full coverage

2 if you put the bike on the yamaha card you dont have to get full coverage, only liability

hope that helps ya some :cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah....Go check out state farm ...
THe guy at the dealership said the same thing to me ....im 19 years and i got an 04 r6 in january. Put about 5 grand on the yamaha card and then went and switched my car and bike to state farm.......
I got full coverage insurance for $450 for the year ......in sonoma county .....I have a clean driving record, have had my M1 for two years now and this is my second bike.....(they didnt even care) only down side is the duductible is $500 for both comp and collision .......to get the deductibble down to $250 it was about $120 more for the year......
Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha!!! I actually didn't go to a bank, i said that the insurance company i thought would be cheap to talk to (survival) told me that it would be too much!!! hahah. But yea, my driving record isn't exactly sparkling so that's just another problem. Maybe state farm will be able to help this guy out, but does anyone have any other's just in case?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I carried liability only on my old bike through Mcgraw AKA Pacific Coast Specialties ....I paid about $40 a month through them....with the highest Pl/PD coverage they had.......It actually came out to be more then what i paid for my full coverage now...
Only bad thing is no monthly payment plan......you have to come in with some money to start the policy and pay the rest within a few months like two i think.;

Give them a try.....I think the place that writes them Cost U less Insurance .....my buddy has a bad record and his quote wasnt much higher then mine ....Good luck

·
Registered
728 Posts
Fellow bay area rider.

Full coverage ain't cheap, unless you're really lucky. My cousin's parents cars are all insured with state farm, and they've been with the company for many years. So my cousin only pays $50/month for FULL COVERAGE. I wish I could get that deal. Insurance is a Bia.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.