Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last summer i got this fender-elimator and rigged it all up, but i noticed that ever since i cut the wires leading to the rear signals, spliced it up and it works fine, the blinkers timing are all crazy, like 120 bpm which barley passes inspection despite anooying as hell to look at. Does anyone know of anyway to correct this problem? :cuss '03 R6

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Add resistors into the line. The added resistance slows down the blink rate, or you could go the expensive route and buy an adjustable device shuch as the libertek.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you have 1 set of LED signals somewhere and the other set is non-LED you can buy $2 relay to slow the blinking down to 1 flash per second.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I kind of like mine going fast, I kinda think it is more likely to get attention. My signals are real bright too, when they blink at night they light up the street fairly well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What type of resistor do you buy, and where? I have a hot bodies undertail getting ready to install and I want to have the right equipment when I install it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I just got through installing my Gregg's and my CA integrator. It flashes quick but not terrible.

I agree with njk that the fast flash is more likely to get cagers attention, so I'm just going to leave it that way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forget it, i decided to scrap these worthless signals and go with integrated tail lights.... thnx for all your help anyway

·
Registered
311 Posts
Its still gonna blink really fast, lol... i think it looks ricey like that, I bought a variable load electronic flasher relay at autozone (the el12) for 7 bucks and wired it up, now it is a nice stock blink

·
Registered
110 Posts
ptirmal said:
Its still gonna blink really fast, lol... i think it looks ricey like that, I bought a variable load electronic flasher relay at autozone (the el12) for 7 bucks and wired it up, now it is a nice stock blink
:stupic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts