Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my bike, the bike was sitting for a year and wasn't driven. I'm wondering if my injectors could have become clogged... Should I run some kind of cleaner through it? Sea Foam?...

I know what the ticking noise is on the R6.. the tensioner. This sounds like its coming from the top end (injector area). The sound is persistent all the way up through the range.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
as far as running a cleaner... can't hurt it, but i'm sure they didn't let it sit there with a full tank of gas. maybe a splash just so they'd have enough to start it up should someone be interested.

as far as the tick... it's the "yama-tick". no way around it, but it won't hurt anything. people will tell you to get a louder exhaust, or wear earplugs, or just go faster. i say "yes... do that". :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I have a loud exhaust already. I have the Yama-tick. I can tell where that is coming from. I have another tick coming from the top-end.

I bough it from a friend and I know he didn't ride it or have anyone really look at it. Would sitting for 12month cause the injectors to lock up or tick?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts