Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my front stock brake reservoir on my 06 R6 exploded during my crash last week... any recommendations on a reasonably priced aftermarket front brake reservoir?

I like the top-screw-in brembo style, but open to others. Not sure if any vendors on here offer any

·
This is bat country!
1,870 Posts
:popcorn:

In for curiosity. Is there any performance benefit with going with an aftermarket reservoir or is it mostly a cosmetic thing?

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

In for curiosity. Is there any performance benefit with going with an aftermarket reservoir or is it mostly a cosmetic thing?
No performance benifit. Maybe a little more durable. It is afterall.just.like stated a reservoir. The rizoma's are nice.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Stunt Rider
7,977 Posts
I run a mini 15 cc cup.

·
Parts Pimp
26,461 Posts
So my front stock brake reservoir on my 06 R6 exploded during my crash last week... any recommendations on a reasonably priced aftermarket front brake reservoir?

I like the top-screw-in brembo style, but open to others. Not sure if any vendors on here offer any
in for this as well since i need a new one.
Why don't you just text me when you have stuff like this bro? I know i'm busy, but I'm always ready to help man. Especially for my best customer!!!

Ya'll can let me know if you want me to break you off on an Evotech one. They look gorgeous and they are MUCH more rugged and durable than the OEM ones.

They crash much better than OEM. :fact I know if you have an RCS, there's a nice mount for it that's also metal and anodized and matching.

Don't be fooled by the knock offs out there on ebay and shit either. Evotech has a 5 year antifade warranty on their anodizing. Good luck finding that guarantee or quality in another product. The Rizoma ones are great too, but the pricing on evotech is much easier on the wallet too.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Durable is my main concern... not exploding on impact would have saved bleeding time lol, but friend was nice enough to let me borrow a brembo one for another bike (made it fit, luckily).

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Why don't you just text me when you have stuff like this bro? I know i'm busy, but I'm always ready to help man. Especially for my best customer!!!

Ya'll can let me know if you want me to break you off on an Evotech one. They look gorgeous and they are MUCH more rugged and durable than the OEM ones.

They crash much better than OEM. :fact I know if you have an RCS, there's a nice mount for it that's also metal and anodized and matching.

Don't be fooled by the knock offs out there on ebay and shit either. Evotech has a 5 year antifade warranty on their anodizing. Good luck finding that guarantee or quality in another product. The Rizoma ones are great too, but the pricing on evotech is much easier on the wallet too.

aw man im just kicking rocks around right now. you know when i actually decide to fix my hooptie ill be coming to you. the evotech is legit looking. ill get a list together this weekend and get with you on pricing everything out. :YEA

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
friend of mine has a brembo cup with the bracket. Probably cost $50 or so.
It did come with nice clamps and hose to attach to the RCS unit he has.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
I have one of the older style ABM ones on my GSXR and the Evotech on my R6. I like the Evotech one better. Also, it comes with two different size nipples for the hose, so you know it will work with your master cylinder.

·
This is bat country!
1,870 Posts

Damn, those do look nice. I can also see you wouldn't have to worry about UV either. What kind of cash do these run? I'm planning to replace my lines over the off season.

But do they come in pink?
:fact

This is extremely important!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hmmm... I'm assuming the mount is universal. Looks like I'm also going to swap the rear brake so I get a GP tube-only.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts