Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of aftermarket clip-ons on my track bike. They have plastic plugs in the ends. There is no place for any kind of bar end. I have a set of lever guards but they screw in. I guess meant for more oem style clip-ons.

Is there an insert you can put in these things so you can bolt stuff in?

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
Yes, there are fittings that slide inside the bar and expand when you tighten the bolt. I would imagine you could buy them separately somewhere, but I have always seen them come with a bar end, lever guard, or hand guard.

I'd go down to the local bike shop and see what they have.

What lever guard did you buy that didn't come with one? I would imagine most of those are going on bikes with aftermarket bars.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there are fittings that slide inside the bar and expand when you tighten the bolt. I would imagine you could buy them separately somewhere, but I have always seen them come with a bar end, lever guard, or hand guard.

I'd go down to the local bike shop and see what they have.

What lever guard did you buy that didn't come with one? I would imagine most of those are going on bikes with aftermarket bars.
Yes the lever guards have and expanding ends on them. But it needs to bolt into something. The stock clipons have the insert with a tapped hole in it but the aftermarket ones do not.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
Maybe I'm not understanding you right, but can't you just pop out the plastic bar end and then the expanding insert can go into the bar?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pop the curent ends out, get the correct nut that fits your lever guard. figure out how far the nut needs to be inserted into the handlebar. Drill two reasonable holes into the handlebar one hundred and eighty degrees from each other, slide the nut in keeping it square to the end. Weld the nut in place through the holes you drilled, then grind and polish the excess weld off. Done!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
U can actually buy the stock insert for the clipon. Probably the best way. Aftermarket are just empty tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts