Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
My R6 eats pussy
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas...
I'm looking at clipons and would like to know who has what and if you like what you bouhgt. Also as far as the degree angle of the clipons does anyone know what the stock bars degree angle is?

thanks

·
My R6 eats pussy
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im thinkin protec or vortex... both have a good look to em... i tryed looking up the degree angle but no specs i looked at showed that for the stock bars.

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
I have the vortex, I really like them, then don't angle down as much as stock, I don't know by how much though. They are also more adjustable and easier to fix in a crash since the bar is seperate from the fork clamp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was looking for the same info last month with out much luck. I put a set of gilles on last night. they are 6 degree. I havn't rode it yet, but it feels alot better just sitting on the bike.

·
My R6 eats pussy
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so are clip ons not worth my wile or what... not much action on this topic. i have one broken handle bar so i needs a new one but was thinking of going for some clip ons. i got pazzo levers gold with black adjusters so was thinkin the gold vortex would like tight. any imput is appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Been thinkin of gettin the vortex or gilles vario bar clip ons..any feedback on the vortex over the stock clipons and what is the angle of our stock clip ons? (2003 R6 Here)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't say I'm in the market for clipons, but if I were I'd choose the vortex ones.

I'd choose them simply because they allow you to replace the bar without having to pull the triple clamp or the clipon clamp.

·
Registered
645 Posts
so are clip ons not worth my wile or what... not much action on this topic. i have one broken handle bar so i needs a new one but was thinking of going for some clip ons. i got pazzo levers gold with black adjusters so was thinkin the gold vortex would like tight. any imput is appreciated.
If you need the left one, I'll sell you my stocker for $25 plus shipping.
If you are track riding (aka expecting another crash) go aftermarket. You can carry spare bars and be back out in no time with WAAAAAAAAAY less cost.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
im def going to replace my stockies next chance i get. i broke off the left bar and it set me back 220. including bar, grip, end cap, screws and the bushing inside plus labor... i got ripped i know.

·
My R6 eats pussy
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you need the left one, I'll sell you my stocker for $25 plus shipping.
If you are track riding (aka expecting another crash) go aftermarket. You can carry spare bars and be back out in no time with WAAAAAAAAAY less cost.
its my right one thats snaped off... thanks for the offer tho!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts