Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LHRB
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed an Impakteck Impaktech USA easy pull clutch lever. Nice unit, makes a very easy one finger lever pull.

Like most aftermarket assemblies, it does not have a clutch switch.

My first move was to bridge the clutch switch wires so that the bike reads lever pulled in at all times. This allows you to start in gear, but has the risk of allowing starter engagement without the lever pulled. This was my first choice but testing it out I discovered that the quickshifter will not allow for up quickshift with that lever switch engaged.

I removed the bridge of the wires. Downside is now I need to start in neutral, but everything else works fine. The only really workable solution for me at the moment.

I did not notice any changes in how the engine ran with the switch wired open. Some forums claim it affects the fuel map, but based on my conversations with Bauce racing NJ, and my own tests, removing the clutch switch functionality does not interact with fuel mapping.

Anybody have any experience with this issue? What route did you take?

Here is a link to a thread that discusses the issue on another bike that does have problems with fuel map if the switch is bypassed.

Clutch Switch/Aftermarket Clutch Perch & Lever

·
LHRB
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on this. You absolutely must install some sort of switch for the clutch safety or the bike will stay in neutral map robing power and reducing the rev limit.

·
LHRB
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Better solution for a clutch safety switch when using an aftermarket perch that does not have a safety switch.

Pick up a switch like this:

Amazon.com: Cylewet 6Pcs V-153-1C25 Micro Limit Switch Long Straight Hinge Lever Arm SPDT Snap Action LOT for Arduino (Pack of 6) CYT1068: Industrial & Scientific

Bend the actuation tab to fit in the joint space of the lever hinge.

Plug OEM safety switch tabs on to the correct switch tabs for desired operation (open switch = clutch lever pulled in= neutral)

Double side tape switch body to underside of perch so that tab is properly located in joint.

Works just like an OEM switch and no need to mess with a toggle switch to actuate.

·
LHRB
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool fix. Out of curiousity, what is that switch you ziptied to the right of your TCS switch for?
That was my original solution to toggle the clutch safety switch after getting into gear to show the ECU we are out of neutral fuel map. That was a lousy solution because I had to remember to toggle the switch. The current fix requires no additional steps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts