Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Akrapovic headers on my 2007 r6 with the stock slip on. I am wondering if anyone has ever done this as well. My problem is i had it jerry rigged together because the header pipe is bigger then the factory slip on pipe. well after all season the original gasket burnt/fell apart leading to a big exhaust leak. Stock can has a flared out end on it and the headers have a sliding flared out end. Do I cut the flared end off the stock can and take the sliding piece off the Akra headers and just get a x" to a y" exhaust adapter and exhaust clamp it together or does some company out there make a retro fit kit to make this all work correctly???
any help or input it greatly appreciated thanks.

(I got the headers off my friends r6 that he totaled out the can was completely junk. I'm not going to spend the 500-600 for a new Akrapovic slip on either. I love the way it sounds now and like the factory look.)

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
I see stock headers in your future.

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
sportbike noob
626 Posts
Just use a pipe clamp or a turbo pipe coupler with some hose clamps. That what i was told to do on mine. Im doing the 05 header mod and they have 2in outlet and the slip on has a smaller outlet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offer but I'm sticking to the aftermarket headers with stock can haha. I'll just have to try something along the lines of pipe clamp/turbo pipe coupler ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts