Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Motoscience
40 Posts
You get what you pay for here :

http://www.amazon.com/Integrated-Mirrors-Yamaha-Kawasaki-Hurricane/dp/B0083J7K6M

The reviews are killing....

http://www.amazon.com/Integrated-Mirrors-Yamaha-Kawasaki-Hurricane/product-reviews/B0083J7K6M/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

The Chinese make cheap rubbish....as the above reviews strongly suggest.

Motorcycle parts are ~low production items, which makes them more expensive. The actual sale of a new motorcycle is not where Yamaha makes alot money, they make more on the aftermarket of crash parts.
Why buy the R6 for ~$11k and then decorate it with lousy parts, what is the purpose? might as well buy a Hyosung .

The question is buy quality once vs or buy it twice. On my bike I only want what I want, my motorcycling is that important in my life. OTOH, I don't care about changing bikes every 2-3 years, I tend to improve and keep my bikes ~forever. When I have built up something good, I prefer to keep it.

·
FL Brit
195 Posts
The biggest problem with ebay, and your, mirrors are that the stalks are too short, you get a great view of your elbows. Do you have any longer stalk ones?

·
Motoscience
40 Posts
I get ~11 inches horizontal......with the LED mirrors.
You really don't want longer than that.....on sport bike.
I get no complaints about the rearview function from R6 installations.
Make them too long and you hear remarks about insect antennae, antlers....

There are the new folding bar end with lever guards 7490/91
Mirror is in front of your hands and folding out for very ergonomics and function. Very low vibration. Alu + ABS shell construction, Convex mirrors.
based on the MV Agusta Dragster mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Judge for yourself.....for a sport bike , this is as good as it gets for mirrors which are scaled in size for the bike.
Could you get me a working link, please? I have a pair of barracuda mirrors and although they look great, they are annoyingly small, causing me not to see enough in traffic. Yours look good and bigger but the link provided doesn't work anymore. My R6 is from 2012 so I think they should fit. What brand / type are yours and do you have a working link for me?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts