Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Anyone had any experience with the after market slim wing style mirrors? (Similar to one's in picture attached)

Mainly, what's the vision like compared to standard one's?

Thanks
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

· YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,707 Posts
Stock mirrors don't show much, those look like a completely useless/dangerous idea.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have the rizoma stealth mirrors on my 2017 r6 and you pretty much lose most of the visibility unless you tuck your elbows in towards your stomach to get your arms out of the way. I think they look better than stock though.

· Registered
98 Posts
Those mirrors do look great (when closed). I’d say give them a try. Bar end mirrors are the only thing I’ve used that didn’t require arm/elbow movement to see, but usually it’s just a quick glance anyway. These will be better than no mirrors, which feels really weird on the street, and not a good idea.

· Registered
4,111 Posts
Stock mirrors don't show much, those look like a completely useless/dangerous idea.
2nd Gen stock mirrors are decent. We have a lot of hills here. The design of my hatchback limits what I can see out the back; cutting off the top view by quite a bit. Because of the hills I often don't know of a vehicle approaching from rear until "late". The slotted design of these mirrors reminds me very much of that cut-off rear view out of my hatch. Even with stock mirrors, at 60+ MPH approach speed I just didn't have the time I thought I did. ~4,000lbs vs ~400lbs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts