Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I scraped peg today, which turned into me doing a tank dance at 70mph on the twisties. Dont ask me how Im still alive and recovered the bike, casue i dont know how I even did it .

so yeah well I refuse now to order from Lochart & philps, since they still have me on back for for almost 2 months for some piddly front blinkers. So Im looking now on the net for a great pair of aftermarket rear sets.

if anyone has a link to where I can order them off the net, by so means please post it up

lynnsey

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I dont like vortex's, but I do like Arata's all there pegs look shitty though... and so does the 425 dollar price tag on the Arata's

people help me pick a good rear set

lynnsey

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
blueloulou said:
well I scraped peg today, which turned into me doing a tank dance at 70mph on the twisties. Dont ask me how Im still alive and recovered the bike, casue i dont know how I even did it .

so yeah well I refuse now to order from Lochart & philps, since they still have me on back for for almost 2 months for some piddly front blinkers. So Im looking now on the net for a great pair of aftermarket rear sets.

if anyone has a link to where I can order them off the net, by so means please post it up

lynnsey
For next time...

If the peg scrapes it is ok, the stock ones are spring loaded, to prevent this you can either unscrew the little pegs that stick out of the bottom of the footpegs, or when you are taking a corner that hot, hang off the bike a bit....you wont have to get the bike so low that you scrape a peg.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have the Vortex and I am very happy with them. Still managed to drag a peg this past weekend, even with them set on the highest setting. :roll:

A friend of mine has the Gilles, and he had a bitch of a time mounting his. My Vortex were easy as hell, even drunk... and I personally think they look great.

You can also buy the Vortex ones in indivdual pieces, and EVERYONE carries Vortex... so you won't have to hunt around to buy them if you ever need them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.