Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered a pair of 5000k HIDs and they turned out amazing. Have yet to do the high beam.

Get your pair from AGG Racing. http://aggracing.com/store/index.php...&product_id=73

Make sure you order the H7 bulbs as they're the only size that fits in our stock projectors. Bi-xenons would require a retrofit, in which case you would either pay big bucks for a custom retrofitted projector or retrofit it yourself if you have the skill/patience. One light is bright enough for me.

Managed to do this without taking apart anything, no fairing removal, no splicing, no soldering, no cutting or any of that shyat. Looks super clean! :D Actually makes it a plug 'n play unit now.

Only took about 40 minutes, the longest part being the part where u gotta depin the stuff. First time's always a byach.

If anyone is wondering how you do it without cutting/splicing/etc, there's a how to on a diff site. But basically you just de-pin the connectors and use the stock grommet, which is pretty easy. Might do my own how-to if anyone was interested.

·
Registered
52 Posts
looks good!

If anyone is wondering how you do it without cutting/splicing/etc, there's a how to on a diff site. But basically you just de-pin the connectors and use the stock grommet, which is pretty easy. Might do my own how-to if anyone was interested.
I saw that thread. Getting those connectors de-pinned was a PITA, my paperclip would get stuck, then I would panic, would get the paperclip out and repeat. I got the red pieces out but couldn't get the connectors off the wire.

any tips?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good!

I saw that thread. Getting those connectors de-pinned was a PITA, my paperclip would get stuck, then I would panic, would get the paperclip out and repeat. I got the red pieces out but couldn't get the connectors off the wire.

any tips?
You really just gotta feel for where they are. I actually used a needle proddy thing that I bought from Menards and that served me MUCH better than a paperclip/sowing needle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts