Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this might sound stupid but i figure i ask..I installed the HID kit, all well and good but i feel like my high beam doesnt look further into the road like it should be..when i ride with my buddy his high beam sees alot further into the road with stock lights, and with my lights it makes it harder for me to scan the road up ahead cause i cant see it lol so i was wondering if there is a way to aim the lights? I have a 04 r6.:drink

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
Yes you can aim the lights. There are 10mm nuts on the backside of the headlight housing. Start turning them to aim correctly. The problem you're experiencing are why using hid kits in stock housings is not a good idea. Hope you find a solution to your lighting.

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
actually, his 04 has projectors which work remarkably well for the hids. and they also have a phillips head sunk in to them. you can pick which choice you prefer. read your manual and it tells you how to adjust them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually, his 04 has projectors which work remarkably well for the hids. and they also have a phillips head sunk in to them. you can pick which choice you prefer. read your manual and it tells you how to adjust them.
Yeah the lighting is great i just wasnt sure if these did have an adjustment, but i also dont have the manual but i know i can find it online somwhere..thanks for the input fellas.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
my hids were the same way, adjust the high beam and it should be just fine. im not sure why it gets out of whack when you install hids, but it did for me...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my hids were the same way, adjust the high beam and it should be just fine. im not sure why it gets out of whack when you install hids, but it did for me...

Yeah i need to adjust the high beam bro, my lo beam seems to be fine but when i turn on the hi beam its like its not even on lol i gtta find the screw now.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
Yeah i need to adjust the high beam bro, my lo beam seems to be fine but when i turn on the hi beam its like its not even on lol i gtta find the screw now.
mine actually shines off to the right and into the woods. I had a wreck and assumed it was due to that, but maybe not. As mentioned go out at dusk, park in front of a garage 30' away and just start adjusting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts