Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught wind of an air box mod, but with no details Im not sure if its year specific, or if it actually shows any gains? What I heard was putting a 1 hole on each side of the air box, and adding a little screen filter. Anybody done this? Done more than just 2 holes? I cant see anything bad happening from doing this, but figured Id ask first. Cant really find anything on here since the search says the words are too small. :dunce:

·
What about what?
6,748 Posts
This is a trick we have done to dirt bikes and ATVs for a long time. It allows a larger volume of air to enter the air box than can be supplied through the snorkel, helps mostly in bigger bore and stroker applications. The drawback I would see on the bike would be radiant heat from the engine entering the holes rather than the cooler air from the intake scoop. Of course cooler air will still be drawn into the scoop, but will be diluted with the warmer air. It would basically negate what you're trying to accomplish with the holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.