Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,ve done a search and can't seem to find a definate answer on removing or leaving the A.C. valve on or off.The one I did find said that it would help with popping but i have no problem with that just wanted to know if it would help performance at all to remove

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,070 Posts
I,ve done a search and can't seem to find a definate answer on removing or leaving the A.C. valve on or off.The one I did find said that it would help with popping but i have no problem with that just wanted to know if it would help performance at all to remove
No preference gain or loss, However... it will eliminate poping on decel (mainly happens with a full exhaust) and can greatly increase a dyno tune session.

"It just doesn't matter"

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No,on the fiche at ron ayers .com,they call it a "air cut valve" and the manual calls it air cutoff valve.The bike has a full Hindle system,timing advancer and a little work on the carbs.it runs great,just was wondering if it would be any better with the AC valve disabled or removed.My 05 ran good(just sold it) and the 99 was quite a bit quicker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.