Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my air filter, because its shot, and want to know what would be the best replacement. I have a devil slip-on and dont want to get a PCIII.

The possibilities that I know of are BMC (stock/race), K&N, GYTR, and stock.
Ive heard that the BMC race and K&N will require a PCIII.

Which air filter would be best, since they are all about the same price?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the BMC Race...It needed no mods...I was told that the K&N let debris through...It added a deeper sound to my Ack exhaust also...it was a good buy..

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
i have BMC Street (in my R6S)... it fits right in - very easy to do by yourself... it didnt require mapping, but i did it anyway just for that extra power (i also got slipon and pc3)...

btw, I got an extra 03-05/06-08 R6/R6S BMC Street filter FOR SALE (brand new; still in the box; never installed) ... let me know if you are interested... model # FM202/09

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i get the race BMC itll lean out my bike, which will also cause exhaust popping on deceleration correct?? (BTW I already occasionally have popping)

Right now I think Im between the BMC street and stock. I havent heard anything about the GYTR and I just dont want to be forced to get a PCIII because of an airfilter.

·
NOT DoD Blocked
5,605 Posts
I have the K&N filter on my '03 R6 and it was a super easy install and I noticed a change for the better after installing it. Just my .02

·
790 Posts
BMC model number is FM202/09 (this is a street version...) - fits 03-05 and 06-08 R6/R6S

·
Registered
320 Posts
whats the price your asking shipped?
i pmed him, it does not fit the 06-08 r6. only the r6s. i was confused because he said.

fits 03-05 and 06-08 R6/R6S
i understood that as itll fit 06-08 r6 and r6s. but idk?

·
790 Posts
i m asking $65 + shipping (from 21117)

·
790 Posts
i pmed him, it does not fit the 06-08 r6. only the r6s. i was confused because he said.

i understood that as itll fit 06-08 r6 and r6s. but idk?

common man, it's standard way of writing 03-05/06-08 R6/R6S....
i also indicated the model number if u do a little bit of research, u would know what the item is for....

·
790 Posts

·
790 Posts
new is 75-79; shipped or not depends on vendor...
i m selling new item and willing to loose a few dollars and u will save a few, but honestly how bad u wanna hit (low ball) me?

·
Registered
320 Posts
common man, it's standard way of writing 03-05/06-08 R6/R6S....
i also indicated the model number if u do a little bit of research, u would know what the item is for....
i wasnt bashing you by any means, clearing stating i miss understood.

·
790 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts