Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Should I use the restrictor that comes with a BMC filter with a full leo and PCV?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have read every thread under the sun about air filters for the bike and have basically decided on a BMC. I am still unsure about whether or not to use the restrictor. I just ordered a full leo and PCV and I want to install a new filter at the same time. I have read that its ok to use the filter without the restrictor if you have a full exhaust/PC but does that mean I should? I really only ride on the street, although I do see a few track days in my future. Someone please shine some light on this for me. Thanks. Also, whats the cheapest place to buy a BMC on the internet? Preferably on the east coast so I can get it in a timely fashion and not delay installing my exhaust/PC.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump! help please! I gotta get this ordered!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I have a novel idea.... Call BMC and see what their tech people recommend....:laugh

I would run the restrictor on the street, or get the street version. You only need the super high flowing model if you have motor work done and need the extra flow. I suspect you do not fall in this category, so the steet or race filter should be fine, or the track with the restrictor on except at the track.

I got my BMC from hard racing.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a novel idea.... Call BMC and see what their tech people recommend....:laugh

I would run the restrictor on the street, or get the street version. You only need the super high flowing model if you have motor work done and need the extra flow. I suspect you do not fall in this category, so the steet or race filter should be fine, or the track with the restrictor on except at the track.

I got my BMC from hard racing.
So I looked into calling them, but that would mean calling italy :eek5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts