Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I did a search on here, and didn't find anything helpful so please don't get all pissy if this is a repost. I need to change my air filter and was wondering what you guys use. Is the K&N worth the $$$? or possibly the BMC? Or is stock just the way to go? I mean it's like 60 bux at the dealer, and the K&N and BMC are roughly 70. I've heard that those last two actually hurt power unless you go to the dyno and have it tuned. I have an 05 R6 with a full Leo Vince exhaust and a PCIII. When I downloaded a map off of Dynojet's website I downloaded the one for the full leo vince with stock air filter, so I assume it makes a difference.

Please let me know what you have run into with this. Thanks!

Patrick

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i run a BMC race air filter, it can let a lot more dust or particals in under certain conditions. i ride onn the track and on faily clean streets, roads, and highways. i don't have dust, debre and other stuff all over the air. so i'm not too concerned. a ton of people run the race filter on the street, i think its best option, some people disagree. you can prob find a map for a full system and after market filter on the PCIII website, otherwise i'm sure theres a nice member on the forum who would hook you up with their map to "try out".

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
I run the BMC race filter with an open exhaust. I cant afford a dyno tune right now, so i just experimented with different maps off the PCIII website until i found one that works the best.
The BMC and K&N filters are cleanable. It will be the last filter you ever buy. That alone makes it woth the $$$.

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been looking on the PC3 website and can't find anything with the Leo Vince and any kind of aftermarket filter. Anyone on here spare a map??? LOL!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts