Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
i know years ago i used to rip out the element on my race CBR600 cos i was running a proper ram air system but you can't clean the standard filters if thats what your doing it's so they make more money by selling more....etc......etc

buy a B.M.C mate or a K&N

the dazzler

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes its is removable & you can clean & re-use it.

I don't think its actually "rivetted". The cage should pop off with a bit of force & care. Its got "pop studs" (?) from what I can remember.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Wish I knew that a month ago when I bought a brand spankin new one...

oh well...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Actually i wouldnt reccomend replacing the stock element with anything other than a new oem filter. I read in a few diffrent places that the k&n actually reduces the surface are of the filtering element as with other replacment elements. if i can find the sites that say this ill put up a link later but for now i cant seem to find them.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
adhem_t said:
Actually i wouldnt reccomend replacing the stock element with anything other than a new oem filter. I read in a few diffrent places that the k&n actually reduces the surface are of the filtering element as with other replacment elements. if i can find the sites that say this ill put up a link later but for now i cant seem to find them.
I think this applies more to the carbed bikes than the FI ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I guess if you're new to something there's no such thing as a Stupid question. I took apart my 01 R6 air filter and notice there were some (minor) oil inside where the air filter reside. Is this normal? Any answer would greatly appreciated. Thanks :?:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I guess if you're new to something there's no such thing as a Stupid question. I took apart my 01 R6 air filter and notice there were some (minor) oil inside where the air filter reside. Is this normal? Any answer would greatly appreciated. Thanks :?:

·
Registered
4 Posts
loki..my bike is an '01 and ASSuming the air filter is stock. Have no clue if oil element filter or not. The color of the filter is yellow which seem to be stuck by 3-4 rivets. Thanks

Note: Bike starts, idle and rides fine....:?:

·
Registered
50 Posts
From my experiecne with cars, you always have to oil the air filter before putting it back in because the oil helps to catch the dirt. I would think it would be the same for bikes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
From my experiecne with cars, you always have to oil the air filter before putting it back in because the oil helps to catch the dirt. I would think it would be the same for bikes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Could the oil just be from a crankcase vent hose ? Haven't pulled my '04 apart yet....

AL :drink

·
Registered
232 Posts
thread revival!

from a post it says they're not riveted.. but god ive pulled hard and DONT wanna break it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts