Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've been doing a lot of track days and I'm focus a lot in my safety and being able to walk way with the least amount of harm as possible in case of a crash. With that said ive seen some people at the track that uses a vest that is an airbag system fro your neck, i'm not sure if it protects anything else. Does anyone here own one. what brand? how d you like it? is it worth it? I've only seen the one from Spedi. Just looking to see if anyone here can help me out. thanks

·
Displaced Texan
3 Posts
Did you ever buy a vest? If so, how did it work out for you. I just got one, but haven't used it yet. I got it from Safermoto, and it's a Hit-air racing vest. Mine seems to be real good quality, but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to attach the cord to the bike. Just curious if you had an update. Thx

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Did you ever buy a vest? If so, how did it work out for you. I just got one, but haven't used it yet. I got it from Safermoto, and it's a Hit-air racing vest. Mine seems to be real good quality, but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to attach the cord to the bike. Just curious if you had an update. Thx
You got the best one; quality is excellent. Lots of great reviews from local racers who have crashed in hit-air vests. If you have any questions about how the cord, just contact Alan at (877) 250-6686 or [email protected] and he'll walk you through everything.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm buying one for this season and will let you know. After a few head/neck involved accidents on and off track over the past two years my neck has had a lot of issues and I don't want it to get worse. I've known a few people from STT who use the SPIDI vest and swear by them. Apparently helps support your chest and tailbone (might need a reference for that). This thread from their board has a lot of info and testimonials:

http://www.sttforum.com/showthread.php?t=12888

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent yet. Im yet to find one that is reasonably priced and that can be repacked with easy. Also reviews are all over the board. But i think sometime this season i will get one

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Displaced Texan
3 Posts
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I did a lot of research and decided on the Hit-Air. I tried it on over my leathers, and it fits really well. It's nice and snug, but I have good movement. Even though I've been riding bikes for years, I'm very much a novice on the track. So I think it's definitely a good investment for me.

·
Ride Safely
1,399 Posts
I have a hit-air vest for sale if anyone is interested.
Tonight when i get home I'll snap some pictures.
MLV-C

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Those vests remind me of the float-coats we had to wear while working on the flight deck. So easy to mess with people and pull down on the cord. Best time to do it was when they were sleeping.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I have a hit-air vest for sale if anyone is interested.
Tonight when i get home I'll snap some pictures.
MLV-C
:fact This ^^^

Jasin Kania of pureactionsports is a good dude. His vests are legit and he is a racer like the rest of us. I wouldn't buy anything else. He has 2 models which one is a race design that is less restrictive, but less protection. My boys have been crashing these things for two seasons now. Good shit.

https://www.facebook.com/PUREASC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts