Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i plan on buying a full akrapovic for my 2010 r6 and got some questions.. Do i have to buy an exup eliminator? Opinions on what can looks the best on white? And the part i am completely lost on.. what type of fuel controller should i be looking into? Will i need to physically tune it or all of them just plug and play?
A bit off topic and didn't want to make a new thread for it but for those of you who have 520 conversions what gear set ups did you opt to?

I'm sure i've pissed off someone because i'm sure these are all commonly asked questions and i didn't spend much time searching..
Well any input is much appreciated and thank yall!

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
The powercommander 5 (pcv) or bazzaz zfi will be the top options for tuning. they are both plug and play.

an exup eliminator would be a good idea for sure while you're already into all of that installing the exhaust. Smog block offs are not needed, but a good idea since you're already in that area as well. You mostly need smog block offs though if you're going to self the tune the bike because without them you will get bad data going to the auto tuner/zafm.

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Power commander and bazzaz as already listed is good and you can just use a generic map for it. The exup is not necessary but it allows you to get rid of the old exup box under the tail and tidy things up a bit, and the smog block offs will help some of the popping/backfiring once you install the full exhaust and they are recommended if you plan on a dyno tune. As far as which material on the exhaust....carbon, you cant go wrong with carbon!

And on the 520 conv. pretty much everyone on the 6's go with -1 up front and +2 in the rear.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Out of the chorus....YEC kit with street layout (so you can use it on the street with no difference from OEM ECU. You also remove ALL the OEM restrictions in any gear from the stock OEM ecu....Bazzaz and PCV can't do that!

No exup eliminator, QS, basic traction, engine brake, 0/+1000 Rpm (selectable) 2 fuel maps, ignition timing control..all in ONE !

If you go street riding....front -1 is the money best spent!

Carbon on the silencer!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Out of the chorus....YEC kit with street layout (so you can use it on the street with no difference from OEM ECU. You also remove ALL the OEM restrictions in any gear from the stock OEM ecu....Bazzaz and PCV can't do that!

No exup eliminator, QS, basic traction, engine brake, 0/+1000 Rpm (selectable) 2 fuel maps, ignition timing control..all in ONE !

If you go street riding....front -1 is the money best spent!

Carbon on the silencer!!!!!
so what you are trying to say here is the yec kit does everything as you have said above??
which means there is no need to go for a dynotune?

and if lets say i do get a pc5 isit a must to send for dyno? coz i'll b getting an akra too but fixing a midpipe instead..

appreciate the advice from the pro's here! :bow

·
Registered
247 Posts
so what you are trying to say here is the yec kit does everything as you have said above??
I said what you read and i meant it.
which means there is no need to go for a dynotune?

and if lets say i do get a pc5 isit a must to send for dyno? coz i'll b getting an akra too but fixing a midpipe instead..

appreciate the advice from the pro's here! :bow
Dyno is always recommended. Even betel is an AFR recorder to' rune on the go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts