Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have an Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Slip-On w/o the silencer in. Other than that, my exhaust is stock. I love the sound now, but I'm thinking of purchasing MJS's new headers (their newly manufactured ones, not the reman'd R6 ones). How loud is this sucker going to be? I'm thinking saying fck it and just buy it, but I just don't want it to be obnoxiously loud.

I know I'll probably LOVE the tone, just looking for some insight to help sway my decision :sing

·
Rad Ass
333 Posts
I have this exact setup and the noise isn't too bad. Granted, it is a track only bike and I wear earplugs, but up until about 8k there wasn't a huge difference when I added the MJS (had the akrapovic originally). Above 8k, that thing screams but isn't obnoxious. I've never had any issues with track day orgs for this same setup. I have no regrets about this set up, other than the fact I did t have the cash for a full akrapovic.

That being said, this does reduce about 18lbs of weight from the bike, which is HUGE but you will need to flash your ECU or get a PC / Bazazz to correct the air/fuel ratios to avoid running lean.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
I hate mosquitoes...
196 Posts
I also have the same setup, with the hexagonal muffler and i think it has the db noise killer in, it is louder than stock but still not very loud, for me it's perfect.

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm curious how it will sound with their new own fabbed system. I think I'm going to bite the bullet. I love the tone it has now. Just wished it were a little louder.

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts