Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here put one on their bike? I'd LOVE to hear how it sounds, all of the sound bytes I could find was nothing but cheap asses buying just the slip on :dunce:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Anyone here put one on their bike? I'd LOVE to hear how it sounds, all of the sound bytes I could find was nothing but cheap asses buying just the slip on :dunce:
Right... because only a cheap ass would buy just a slip on Akra :rolleyes:

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JOKE DO0D!:lmao

·
Registered
96 Posts
well, if u want performace a full exhaust with tuning, maybe pc3...but if u want sound and slight performance increase then a slip on would work fine. for the sound clips i usually go on youtube.

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
See this is what i hate about the new short exhausts we have. they look good n sound good as standard. but when u put an after market pipe on it, even tho it does sound better than standard, it just doesnt have that throaty sound to it as the long exhausts like the 05s had. really dissapointing in my oppinion.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue, that sounds pretty wicked man:bow

Tick, I dont know about sound wise but I'm going to have to agree with you about the old lengths of pipe...i liked that look a lot more...but dont matter, my love of riding greatly outweighs my piping issues ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
if u were to buy the full racing system, would you be ok with just that or do you have to buy a pc or anything else for it? i ask b/c i plan to buy one soon.

http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/product.php?productid=120008&cat=29090&page=1
Hey i would say u sould need a pc3 and dyno... but some ppl say u dont need it, but i would suggest it to get the best hp gain for the system. Probably best if u get new airfilter as well, even though the stock one works well, since you're tuning it you can get a better one. Pc3 only works on fuel injected bikes so if you dont have one i guess you wont need it. but you sill still need to dyno.

·
Registered
749 Posts
So I was reading about when you put the slip-ons on or aftermarket systems you get that squeel or high pitched whine. Something about a servo motor or something... What is it really? My 2002 had it and people told me it was just the ram air but then I searched and I got mixed results of the ram air and servo responses... Just wondering...

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BJT I'm plannin for just right now runnin the exhaust. Maybe later when I feel like doin some other things to the bike I'll throw in a PC3. I ordered my new ASV levers too when I ordered this. I got a BMC filter in there right now and the intake growl certainly changed, my only downside to that filter was the fact it didn't have the screw blocks to keep em from backin out and fallin into the throttle bodies, so I just got some blue loc-tite and put it on em. I'm hopin that the exhaust and intake and a tune will make it sound and perform much better. I do have a question for folks that know a bit more about this than I do. I see a lot of videos w/ people spoutin blue backfire flames out of their exhausts...is that a lack of tuning issue or is that something to be expected from a more free flowing exhaust?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I was reading about when you put the slip-ons on or aftermarket systems you get that squeel or high pitched whine. Something about a servo motor or something... What is it really? My 2002 had it and people told me it was just the ram air but then I searched and I got mixed results of the ram air and servo responses... Just wondering...
I honestly dont think I've ever heard that one man. Ummm, I was runnin a GYTR slip on for a while and I dont think I've ever heard that high pitched whine, I did however hear a lot of intake scream at WOT moreso than my exhaust :rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey i would say u sould need a pc3 and dyno... but some ppl say u dont need it, but i would suggest it to get the best hp gain for the system. Probably best if u get new airfilter as well, even though the stock one works well, since you're tuning it you can get a better one. Pc3 only works on fuel injected bikes so if you dont have one i guess you wont need it. but you sill still need to dyno.
so youre saying the full system is more efficient with the pc and dyno,
BUT i dont have to have those mods to install the full system? is that correct? i should be able to get those later, right?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so youre saying the full system is more efficient with the pc and dyno,
BUT i dont have to have those mods to install the full system? is that correct? i should be able to get those later, right?
Of course and that's what I'm doin right now. I was running a stock filter w/ a GYTR slip on.
Then I added the BMC Filter
and now i'm adding the Full Akra Racing System
And maybe if i'm running out of goodies to put on the bike I'll throw in a pc3. I really dont know how much extra juice my bike really needs! :lmao

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Got the full Akra racing kit on mine, and I'll never go back to slipon again for future bikes. The sound and performance is worth the couple grand.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You got a sound clip homie? :poke:D

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Right now, I'm out of town and will be back on Thursday and then off to the AMA races in Elkhart Lake, WI. Then I'm back out of town on Monday, after the races for 10 day, so it will be awhile til I get my pics and videos post...I'm thinking 22JUN08. I'll probably post in the Race section.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right now, I'm out of town and will be back on Thursday and then off to the AMA races in Elkhart Lake, WI. Then I'm back out of town on Monday, after the races for 10 day, so it will be awhile til I get my pics and videos post...I'm thinking 22JUN08. I'll probably post in the Race section.
Damn, well hey send me a pm when you get one made eh?

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Got the full Akra racing kit on mine, and I'll never go back to slipon again for future bikes. The sound and performance is worth the couple grand.
Hey deck... Do you use yr bike on road....? If so what do the police think of you having no Cat?

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULDNT RUN A POWER COMMANDER TO ENSURE THAT YOUR BIKE RUNS CLEAN AND DOESNT DO ANY DAMAGE DOWN THE LINE!!BUT YOUR WILLING TO BUY LEVERS JUST FOR LOOKS (BASICALLY):confused:..MY 2 CENTS THOUGH AND NOT MY BIKE!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts