Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used only Akrapovic full system exhausts on all my race bikes for the past... 5 or 6 years or more and will soon be ordering a full system for my new '08. I have always been very pleased with the Akrapovic products however I have also heard good things about Graves exhausts... one in European and one USA made... but dhow do they compare performance wise on the track???

I would welcome any feedback on the latest Graves product vs. Akrapovic from people who have dyno'd and/or raced with both.

Also, if anyone has Power Commander maps for the '08 with either of these systems installed they would be good to see/compare.

Thanks

·
Watch out, I'm riding!
378 Posts
No dynos, I'm afraid, can't afford to get that done yet, but I DO have the Graves full system on my bike (the WORKS system, their newest, which also fits my '07 perfectly) and I will say it's been an excellent improvement. (At the Texas Mile, I did 148.6 mph, 2 mph better than the Kawi ZX6r out there with probably another 5 grand of work on it... don't know how much that tells you.)

According to Grave's dyno chart, it's supposed to be a +15 hp over the stock exhaust.

·
Forum Moderator
3,107 Posts
Both are very good systems. I've been running the Akra Evo Ti since May of '06 on my '06 R6. It's been custom mapped at a race shop in South Florida. The bike hits hard from about 12K and up. My shifting points are right at 14.5K. I don't race, but do track days with it. Very satisfied with the Akra. I am running a BMC filter. Everything else is stock. I'd be proud to run either on of them.

·
DARC Racing
2,338 Posts
Akra and Leo seem to be puttin down the best numbers on the 06+ R6...

I think Graves is living off their name a bit lately.... Just my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts