Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think? which one do y'all like better? why? personal preference or comfort? (i'm more interested in comfort, this time around). and remember, i'm in houston, so a good breathing lid is A MUST after the p.o.s. *clearance priced* HJC i got back in '99.

Akuma

Icon

i'm leaning one way, but am not 100% sold, and since i can't find ANY place around here that keeps either of these in stock, i can't try them on. i'm not in any hurry, but the more info i have this time around, the happier i'll be with my new lid.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Plenty of people say that Icon are really comfy helmets. Not sure about the Akumas. Not a lot of people have one. I'm getting an Icon soon only because it matches my bike better. Those Akumas are sick tho.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tried on the scorpions... NONE were that comfortable. i've got a huge melon.

to be honest, i'm leaning towards the icon b/c:
1) it's cheaper than the Akuma
2) i like the look better
3) seems like it would vent better

any more opinions on the two listed in the original post?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If that's what you want, go for it. Though Icons can seem a little snug so you should try them on first. Go to a motorcycle store that sells them.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I have any Icon domain 2, and the only issue I have with it is that it does not seem to seal around the screen so some time dust flies into my eye, but it is 1000 times better than my old HJC helmet.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but the arai is also about $450 or more. hence the choices i've listed... MAX price of $350. (a little extra airflow isn't worth $100 or more to me).

i think i found a shop that keeps the icons in stock, so i'll try on the domain2... still gonna get the flat black though. i think that's pimp.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i can't tell you from experience but it looks like the icon might be noisier than the akuma - the icon has those hinge covers that the akuma doesn't. i've heard that those create a lot of noise. i like the overall look of the akuma better also. personally, i'm a shoei person - amazing fit and finish, halfway decent price (for my RF-1000) and not too flashy/excessive looks. thats just me.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Ive got the Icon Domain and its great. Ventilation is awesome and its very comfortable. THought about getting an Akuma but cant find anyone around here who actually has them in stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i can't tell you from experience but it looks like the icon might be noisier than the akuma - the icon has those hinge covers that the akuma doesn't. i've heard that those create a lot of noise. i like the overall look of the akuma better also. personally, i'm a shoei person - amazing fit and finish, halfway decent price (for my RF-1000) and not too flashy/excessive looks. thats just me.
The domain actually isn't very noisy, it blocks out almost all noise. All I ever hear is my exhaust. Very seldomly I'll hear a slight whistle at high speeds when I turn my head a certain way, due to the air flowing over the vent i guess, but thats about it and thats not even bad at all. *edit* Also I have a blue R6 an the blue domain matches the bike colors and decals TO THE T. Looks like it was made for the bike.

·
Sexy Time
757 Posts
Get an rf 1000 on ebay i got a big head too, its lighter some kick butt quality and decent design choice

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
Between those two - ICON. That LED on the Akuma is pure gimmick and will provide plenty of glare to allow you to crash.

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
arai rx7 has the best airflow
+1...
i used to have 2 diff model icon helmets and the bottom line - arai rx7 is lighter, better air flow and numerous unbeatable positive reviews... if rx7 is not in your price range, try profile or quantum (close to icon $-wise).........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts