Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
One Cheek On The Seat!
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been wondering if whether or not I should put an alarm on my bike. I only have liability insurance and I'm always a little nervous if I leave my bike unattended for too long. My bike is consitently stored in my garage and only taken out for track rides and weekend canyon rides. On occasion, I do take my bike out on the town to ride around and be seen and whatnot. Would any of you recommend a bike alarm? My buddy always makes fun of people with little alarms on their bike so I'm a little reluctant. If you think I should get one, what brand would you recommend? thanks a lot!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Scorpio. Checkout the SR-i900. They make a yamaha wiring harness that is plug and play. You don't need to cut your harness to install it. Gorilla makes one also, but I don't trust their quallity and they don't make a harness.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Hey bud, I ordered the i900 what ya think of it? I still haven't gotten to see it in person or install it yet...:( damn deployment...

·
Watch out, I'm riding!
378 Posts
I have one. The Scorpio-i500. I think it's worth it. Just remember, there's NO replacement for theft coverage on a bike. You said you don't have it. You should get it. Immediately. People on this forum have had their bikes stolen from the garage. And it doesn't usually cost too much.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the Viper 990 2 way car alarm with LCD screen on mine got it for 120$ off ebay. I am a car audio/security installer i just found all the wires i needed myself and hooked it up under the tank with DEI piezzo sirens. Thing is loud as shit and messed with it for a while to get the sensitivity perfect on it. Also hacked my antenna apart wired it to 12v directly have a good 5 mile range on it.

What im trying to say is you dont need one of those $500 plug and play ones get any car one and they are pretty easy to isntall. PM me if you have any questions ill be glad to help.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I have the Viper 990 2 way car alarm with LCD screen on mine got it for 120$ off ebay. I am a car audio/security installer i just found all the wires i needed myself and hooked it up under the tank with DEI piezzo sirens. Thing is loud as shit and messed with it for a while to get the sensitivity perfect on it. Also hacked my antenna apart wired it to 12v directly have a good 5 mile range on it.

What im trying to say is you dont need one of those $500 plug and play ones get any car one and they are pretty easy to isntall. PM me if you have any questions ill be glad to help.
Wish ya woulda found me sooner ya bastard :lmao

·
Registered
998 Posts

Car alarms work too, but is the brain waterproof? Do you have a tilt sensor or perimeter sensor attached? A shock sensor won't always go off if it is rolled off. What about battery backup? They have their ups and downs.

Do car alarms draw more current?

I picked the i900 because a buddy of mine has one. The RFID is nice, don't have to use a fob to disarm or arm it. I didn't want to cut my harness and I've got a friend that sells them. 315 shipped to my door. The only downside is that it's backordered and won't arrive until mid August.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Scorpio. Checkout the SR-i900. They make a yamaha wiring harness that is plug and play. You don't need to cut your harness to install it. Gorilla makes one also, but I don't trust their quallity and they don't make a harness.
I have the gorilla alarm and have not had any quality issues. You don't have to cut any wires to install it either plus its have the price of scorpio. The only functional difference between it and the scorpio is that it doesn't have a perimeter sensor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
na na na son thats shit dont work i just recently jacked one with that system in it and it dont do ****. I reconmend sum chizain and take yo handlebars wit yo. That shit is hood proof.

Word.

·
Registered
998 Posts
na na na son thats shit dont work i just recently jacked one with that system in it and it dont do ****. I reconmend sum chizain and take yo handlebars wit yo. That shit is hood proof.

Word.

I don't believe you. Want to post some pics of it showing the alarm on the R6? So how does it feel to be a poor piece of shit who can't afford a bike for themselves? Oh wait your "rich" you say? Your ****ing "hood" rich and live in a ****ing box. You gonna put some 22's on it? It's ok you don't know anybetter, BULLSHIT! You aren't hard, your probably a rich little French Canadian punk. Ever been to Atlanta or Chi town? They've got some people I wouldn't **** with there. You ****ing LIAR!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't believe you. Want to post some pics of it showing the alarm on the R6? So how does it feel to be a poor peace of shit who can't afford a bike for themselves? Oh wait your "rich" you say? Your ****ing "hood" rich and live in a ****ing box. You gonna put some 22's on it? It's ok you don't know anybetter, BULLSHIT! You aren't hard, your probably a rich little French Canadian punk. Ever been to Atlanta or Chi town? They've got some people I wouldn't **** with there. You ****ing LIAR!
i dont put 22 on my rides u racist whity.. and i bee afrcan american... son

word

·
Registered
998 Posts
That doesn't show shit you ****ing liar. He's got the keys in his left hand and it does not show an alarm. Go google for some more pics. Thats also a gixxer. Whats the matter don't know what you stole? Typical should I say? What year is it, I know you don't know. It shows the date of manufacture on the sticker on the frame,.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That doesn't show shit you ****ing liar. He's got the keys in his left hand and it does not show an alarm. Go google for some more pics. Thats also a gixxer. Whats the matter don't know what you stole? Typical should I say? What year is it, I know you don't know. It shows the date of manufacture on the sticker on the frame,.
i did not ever say i stole no a yamaha.. i own a yamaha..but that is a gsxr wat is dis gixxer u talk about... yes those are keys to home

word

·
Registered
998 Posts
i did not ever say i stole no a yamaha.. i own a yamaha..but that is a gsxr wat is dis gixxer u talk about... yes those are keys to home

word
You don't own a Yamaha. Your some punk 15 year old white kid who goes to forums trying to have fun. Your a troll. Look at how you type. You are trying to use ebonics, but yet paid enough attention in school to type correctly for the most part. You also stated "home". Yes you subconciously, just admitted that it is not your place. I bet it is your parents house. You would of put ownership to it if it indeed was your home or house. But you are lying, so we'll just see how stupid you make yourself look to judge that. Get off this forum. You are not welcome! Look at your other posts in other threads and tell me I am wrong. Isn't it past your bedtime child?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts