Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres a bunch for threads and i have read them but they give me up an down suggestions.

Should i get one or not? I live in Ontario Canada and ...i havent heard anyone get there bike stolen ( yet ) but i want to be on the safe side.

Gorilla i hear is cheaper an better quality.. but doesnt have proximity sensors an eats the battery. Where Scorpio has proximity an doesnt eat your battery but is 3x as much.

Ppl aslo talk about this antenna u got place somewhere. Wtf? lol That might look dumb to me .. no? Anyone with pics? lol

But yea..... i know IT WONT STOP THEIFS FROM TAKING IT and all but it will help if someone attempts an it will notify me if someone is.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ON THIS, IM A PARANOID NUT :lmao

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love mine. I have a viper 3002 on mine. Its for cars, but I rigged it to the bike. works great. mounted LED's in the taillight to notify that its armed. I do it for a living and was bored one day lol

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
I say go for it .. I have a gorilla .. I've had no problems with it eating my battery and for a 1/3 the cost of a scorpio, I'd say it's worth it

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I say go for it .. I have a gorilla .. I've had no problems with it eating my battery and for a 1/3 the cost of a scorpio, I'd say it's worth it
Does it have an ugly antenna or anything visible to make it look odd?

Installation easy? Will it fit beside my PC3?

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
GPS tracking >Any alarm

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have a gorilla alarm also. The antenna on the gorilla alarm is just a long blue wire coming out of the main unit that you run along side the bike. You can hide it underneath the fairings and no one will know its there.

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
^ +1 .. it is extremely easy to install plus i think it will fit beside a PC3 .. I have it beside my speedohealer with room for a PC3 when I get it .. so storage shouldnt be a problem

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok. I think i will have to stick with the Gorilla alarm an do it up. Im still iffy on it thou lol. Hows the pager thingy while you ride? Doesnt it bash around whens its plugged into the ignition?

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
yea it does get alittle annoying, but i guess you can keep it in your coat pocket to get it out of the way

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
True, I keep my remote on a separate key ring. Also I mounted my unit in the "trunk" not much room left after that though, just enough for my allen set and a small socket wrench set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts