Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I believe I fried the brake side bearing in the rear wheel on my '03.

I accidentally left the sprocket side needle bearing shaft out when I put the rear wheel together and didn't realize until about 100 miles later when I noticed a clicking/ popping from the rear wheel.

I put the shaft back in, but the clicking/ popping remain and the brake side ball bearing feels gritty and was making noise upon dis-assembly.

So since OEM and All Balls are about the same price, I figured I'd go with All Balls. My question is: since they are race bearings, are they OK for continuous use, or are these only good for a race, and then need to cool down after every circuit? I don't want to blow out a bearing on a long ride.

Also, If anyone else has any other recommendations for rear wheel bearings, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
They are good for extended use just like oem.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,234 Posts
Where have you heard they are "race" bearings? They are just bearings. They are not great bearings, but they are decent. I personally prefer to find a bearing house, locally to get better SKF or Timkin bearings...and usually cheaper.

What All Balls excels at, is putting together fork swap kits. You tell them what bike you are putting what forks on, and they will usually have a kit for you with instructions on any machining that needs to be done, if needed.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
SKF low friction fork seals are the shit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts