Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
100% caffeine-driven
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, just finished my pet project... well, amost...!

Picked up my R6 about a year ago - it was originally blue, but I've always been a carbon fiber freak so I thought I'd get on the CF faring kit bandwagon! Finished putting all the farings last Friday :D its almost done - next up is some rearsets but I haven't decided what to get yet...

Thought I'd post up some current pictures of it and see what you all think. Let me know, and I'm always looking for more ideas for mods so any thoughts/ideas would be awesome :nocontrol

Mods so far are:
- Carbon fiber farings
- PVM racing 5-Y spoke rims
- front and rear wave discs
- Carbon fiber yoke protector
- Carbon fiber swingarm heel protectors
- Painted tank and seat cowl to match
- 520 chain / sprocket conversion
- Toby steering damper
- Akrapovic megaphone slip-on
- F.A.R. SPA mirrors
- pazzo shorty levers
- puig dark smoke DB screen
- greggs customs flushmount front indicators
- rizoma arrow rear indicators
- flasher relay
- motrax grips with gold accents
- valtermoto gold anodized frame sliders, pickup knobs, oil filler cap, triple clamp nut.
- lightech black bar ends
- R1 LE gold yamaha tank logos/decals
- custom R6 and Yamaha decals (from downat70.com - same as some other forum members)
- black dzus fasteners for mid faring
- Stomp grip tank pads
- Acumen digital gear indicator

Not fitted yet:
- carbon fiber chain guard
- Black bolts to replace all the silver ones.
- Long overdue for one heck of a clean up and a good thrashing (its winter here)! :lmao

Here's a pic of it before I installed the rims/discs and changed the farings:

And here are some pics I took yesterday (sorry for the shoddy quality pics):

Let me know what you think :D

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Hey all, just finished my pet project... well, amost...!

Picked up my R6 about a year ago - it was originally blue, but I've always been a carbon fibre freak so I thought I'd get on the CF faring kit bandwagon! Finished putting all the farings last Friday :D its almost done - next up is some rearsets but I haven't decided what to get yet...

Thought I'd post up some current pictures of it and see what you all think. Let me know, and I'm always looking for more ideas for mods so any thoughts/ideas would be awesome :nocontrol

Mods so far are:
- Carbon fibre farings
- PVM racing 5-Y spoke rims
- front and rear wave discs
- Carbon fibre yoke protector
- Carbon fibre swingarm heel protectors
- Painted tank and seat cowl to match
- 520 chain / sprocket conversion
- Toby steering damper
- Akrapovic megaphone slip-on
- F.A.R. SPA mirrors
- pazzo shorty levers
- puig dark smoke DB screen
- greggs customs flushmount front indicators
- rizoma arrow rear indicators
- flasher relay
- motrax grips with gold accents
- valtermoto gold anodized frame sliders, pickup knobs, oil filler cap, triple clamp nut.
- lightech black bar ends
- R1 LE gold yamaha tank logos/decals
- custom R6 and Yamaha decals (from downat70.com - same as some other forum members)
- black dzus fasteners for mid faring
- Stomp grip tank pads
- Acumen digital gear indicator

Not fitted yet:
- carbon fibre chain guard
- Black bolts to replace all the silver ones.
- Long overdue for one heck of a clean up and a good thrashing (its winter here)! :lmao

Here's a pic of it before I changed the farings:

And here are some pics I took yesterday (sorry for the shoddy quality pics):

Let me know what you think :D
Holy crap dude that is REALLY NICE!!!
Excellent job! iWant! lol:nocontrol:nocontrol

·
Registered
330 Posts
Very nice. I am not on the Carbon Fiber (proper way to spell "Fiber" hahaha) bandwagon, but I must say I really like the bike. Very nice, smooth look and the gold rim really set it all off. Good job!

·
100% caffeine-driven
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice. I am not on the Carbon Fiber (proper way to spell "Fiber" hahaha) bandwagon, but I must say I really like the bike. Very nice, smooth look and the gold rim really set it all off. Good job!
Doh! You're right - My spelling was actually right in Australian / UK english terms, but I shoulda noticed that in the automatic spell check. Edited to correct, but I don't think I can change the title! :jacked

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. J Buck - good idea, once I get the rearsets I'll see what needs to be powdercoated - I'm guessing the stand and a couple of other bits will need to be done.

:cheers

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wow! simply amazing looking...good work!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Doh! You're right - My spelling was actually right in Australian / UK english terms, but I shoulda noticed that in the automatic spell check. Edited to correct, but I don't think I can change the title! :jacked
Must be from drinking all the Fosters:nocontrol

Just out of curiousity, how much money do you think you've put into it? Australian dollars right? And do you know the weight difference from stock?

·
100% caffeine-driven
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Must be from drinking all the Fosters:nocontrol

Just out of curiousity, how much money do you think you've put into it? Australian dollars right? And do you know the weight difference from stock?
:lmao yeah, and that probably explains why I can't seem to get clear shots out of my digital SLR camera either! :jacked:nocontrol

I lost count, but I'd estimate that there's about 4 to 5,000 Aussie dollars in mods on it (saved some cash buying the rims second hand). I'm honestly not sure of the total weight savings - Truth be told all my mods so far have been for cosmetic reasons, knowing full well that I'm practically throwing my money in a bin. I just wanted something unique - I'm hoping my R6 is the only CF one in the country :hammer

I've heard good things about handling with lighter rims and wave discs - so far I don't feel any difference on the road, but I take my bike down to the track a few times a year so I'll hopefully find out for myself soon.

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
What kind of mirrors are those and where can I get them? That is one sweet R6!

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
Real nice!

·
Screw 4 wheels
142 Posts
Where can I get the grips with the gold accents? also the mirrors..

Sweet bike!!!Bike of the month!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
thats sick man...looks amazing...nice

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
carbon goodness! Nice bike.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts