Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You take off in 1st gear at a fairly good rate and then pop into second only to discover that you "missed" it and it slipped into neutral....then, thinking you are in 2nd..you rev the engine and then it dawns on you. "you MISSED 2nd dumb ass!"

Now there are people viewing first hand your "nice move" and then you take it one step further and pull the clutch in and delibritly rev the engine to make it "seem" like you "tried" to do that.........PUTZ

Rossi's got nothing on me when I pull this move!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Haha true true, or when its reving dont lay off it, just pop it into second and pop that front wheel up haha. Ive done the miss second 2 times I think, dont know if anyone saw it was me and not my friend, but you could deffinately hear it.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
ya, when i first bought my bike and wasn't used to the long throw between 1st and 2nd. now it only happens when I'm really drunk.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
same here when i first bought the bike i had to get used to it. i tried what RatbikeR6 told me about clutchless upshifting. the first few times it didnt work. now i just got used to feeling that clunk when i dump it into second.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Damn, its a good thing someone else brought that up cuz i thought maybe it was just me b'n a dipshit but apparently everyone is doing it!!!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
penfold said:
ya, when i first bought my bike and wasn't used to the long throw between 1st and 2nd. now it only happens when I'm really drunk.
You ride while drunk, you got more balls than me. I like my skin too much. That has not happened to me in a while. I only did it in the begining.

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
ckmerc said:
You take off in 1st gear at a fairly good rate and then pop into second only to discover that you "missed" it and it slipped into neutral....then, thinking you are in 2nd..you rev the engine and then it dawns on you. "you MISSED 2nd dumb ass!"
<---Guilty

Happened a couple of times when I first got my riding boots and after switching to synthetic the bike shifted really smooth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Never had much trouble with second...mine is most picky on the 5th-6th transition when i'm cruising. I do have a good one though (hope someone can relate). I have this tendency to drop my wrists down at low speeds, and when I make a tight, slow, turn I'll pinch one between the bar and the tank. :boob This most commonly results in a 2 mph tank slapping adventure, me looking like a flailing idiot, and it's sure to be witnessed by no fewer than 10 people.

·
Registered
138 Posts
lol

lmao, that happened to me a couple times haha,man i felt so shame, luckly i dont have a muffler yet or i would had really felt dumb with the loud noise in everything.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Done it a few times. My favorite is a couple of times while trying to pop a wheelie my foot knocks the bike into neutral.

How kewl am I?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
penfold said:

teeeheeeheeeeeee.

**After about three bottles of Ketel One, penfold becomes a bit careless on his R6**

BTW, used to happen to me all the time.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts