Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been happy with my current set up but..... All this safety talk on here has really got me thinking. i always wear helmet, jacket, and gloves. what i am concerned with is my normal jeans and regular black work / combat style boots (they are also steel toe that is probably not good either) i havent worn skate shoes in a while, i've herd too many horror stories through out the years. i'm thinking about picking up some riding pants and real ridding boots.

this is for normal street riding.

what do you guys wear for lower body..... pants / leathers / textile / jeans / kevlar lined jeans?????

what do you guys wear on your feet.... reg boots / real race boots / low cut icon boots / sneaks????

·
Registered
100 Posts
i've been happy with my current set up but..... All this safety talk on here has really got me thinking. i always wear helmet, jacket, and gloves. what i am concerned with is my normal jeans and regular black work / combat style boots (they are also steel toe that is probably not good either) i havent worn skate shoes in a while, i've herd too many horror stories through out the years. i'm thinking about picking up some riding pants and real ridding boots.

this is for normal street riding.

what do you guys wear for lower body..... pants / leathers / textile / jeans / kevlar lined jeans?????

what do you guys wear on your feet.... reg boots / real race boots / low cut icon boots / sneaks????
I went down on a spirited ride on unfamiliar roads and the only damage to me was a banged up and rashed knee. I went and bought a 1-piece suit after that which takes care of the pants. I was wearing my Icon leather jacket,A* gloves(which one of the carbon fiber knuckles was taken completely off somehow), Shoei x-11, and A* SMX-Plus boots. I am glad i had the boots on because the bike landed directly on my ankle and i did not even feel it.:)

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah just goes to show you how important it actully is.

so you wear leathers even for regular street ridding, long or short?

i am looking at the sidi vert or alipinestar smx 4 i'm just not sure which i want yet. i like the icon jeans with the kevlar, but maybe thats not good enough. thats kind of why i want to see what every one else is wearing on there casual street riding.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah just goes to show you how important it actully is.

so you wear leathers even for regular street ridding, long or short?

i am looking at the sidi vert or alipinestar smx 4 i'm just not sure which i want yet. i like the icon jeans with the kevlar, but maybe thats not good enough. thats kind of why i want to see what every one else is wearing on there casual street riding.
Not if i am just going to the store or work. If i am going out to the twisties i will though. I don't leave the house without Jacket,gloves,boots,helmet though.
I think i am just going to get some knee pads for under my jeans for when i am not wearing full leathers.

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
I got a 2piece suit for spirited riding but when im putting around town or going somewhere like the city ill usually skip the pants but I always wear boots no exception seen too many gross things. And I believe thats the best way to get someone to wear gear show them the injuries and theyll get scared and wear the gear to protect themselves.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What is so exciting about doing twist...

If you fall you might fall over the cliff or hit some tree... I am allergic
Anyone can go fast in a straight line. I could teach my dog (with some mods to bike of course) to go down a drag strip. The R6 was built for handling bends and its more fun to do that than anything else.JMO

·
Registered
313 Posts
Back to topic though. I wear helmet, gloves, jacket, and boots everytime I ride. I have been wearing jeans too but I am also interested in a better alternative (short of a full leather suit).

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
still interested to to what everyone else is wearing...

but has anyone ever heard of this.....
bohn body armor's fully armored pants that go under your jeans.
http://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/proddetail.php?prod=BGLA

i also really like the sidi verts or the a* smx..... not sure on which one yet, both seem really good!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wear JR Alter Ego pants and Alpinestars Recon boots every time. You'd be amazed at the immediate confidence boost that comes with wearing full gear. It's not a free pass to ride harder - more like peace of mind.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Why not a full leather suit?
Most (90% or better) of my trips are not pure riding. Its not really that comfortable to do errands in a full leather suit. Being safe on the road is of course the highest priority but if I'm gonna be walking around for a while I have to make some compromises along the way.

·
In Search Of...
91 Posts
My leather pants and jacket zip together.

I do not find it uncomfortable.
You also live in sunny, beautiful California...

Try that sh*t in Maryland or DC in the city, with the constant high humidity and concrete jungle! LOL. NOT comfortable...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts