Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
R6
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna remove my rear footpegs and can't get the right size, the closest allen key size I found was a 7/32 but spins under pressure

·
Registered
391 Posts
Use metric sizes and be sure they are a good brand i.e. snap-on, mac-tools, etc. If they are crap then you will end up rounding of the screws.

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
6mm or 8mm. I know it's one of the two.

·
Registered
674 Posts
As already said, metric sizes. and I would think any metric allen set would be close enough not to round them off as long as your not taking them off every day, but you probably already effed it all up using standards

·
Registered
391 Posts
The allen wrenched that I bought from Lowes did not do well with my Ducati bolts and just f***ed them up totally. But, I guess the Yamaha bolts are stronger than my Ducati. :(

817 Posts
6mm is the size. Dont use too much loctite on reassembly. Any brand allen wrench will work, as long the asshat that installed them before you didnt over torque em:)

817 Posts
Hell no, it's supposed to be 60 degrees as a high. If I wasn't goin dirtbike riding, I'd be coaching that day! I may come down for sat. Thread jack fully complete (sorry "allen key guy"). I'm out :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts