Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my closest encounter today. Almost went down, but thankfully it wasn't my time. I was taking a couple backroads home toady since it was so nice out. There's this one road I've been down a million times. It goes pretty steep down hill, the lanes tighten up (real tight, like two cars can barely make it past each other), has another road come in to a stop sign on the left and then makes a blind 90 to the right. This is one of those turns I Never mess around on. In my car, I practically idle around it.

Anyway, was coming down it today on the bike, was doing about 15. Going around the turn, about halfway through my front tire finds a patch of sticks fallen off the overhanging trees. The front tire washes out, I think "@$%!" and put my leg out just barely. Then at just about the last second before its completely gone, the front tire grabs a handfull of asphalt and pulls back under the bike. It happened so quick, but at the same time I was going slow enough that if the bike went down, I possibly could've stayed on my feet chasing after it. Took it easy with open eyes looking for anything the rest of the way home.

Just thought I'd share. It put that "no matter how careful you are, shit can still go bad in a split second" mentality back in my head. Real humbling actually. Which is a good thing. Keeps you from getting cocky. :popcorn:

The End

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
you probably want to change your shorts C.J.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Those moments are always something to reflect. I know we've all had them, and they do really make you stop and think about how easy it is to go down. But glad to hear you're alright!

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
had my first encouter today also.. i was coming around a back road and pulled out on another road and i was going down the hill i looked down at my rear view mirror when i did a car came around the curve a flyin, i was leanin into the curve then had to lean out and back in to miss the car and still make the curve... scared the s*** out of me... i just knew i was hit head on ..

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
not fun when the tires decide to do their own thing. glad you pulled through it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts