Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Yeah. Slight repositioning of the foot will stop feet dragging. I was killing boot sliders at one time and a slight adjustment stopped that. I needed someone to follow me and point out what I wasn't doing but thought I was. getting the knee down is something you go for, but once you have done it, then you dont bother and concentrate on speed AND if it happens, so be it.
I've only ever done it on public roads followed by my elbo and arse.
Save it for the track

Get to the track before you try to put a knee down. One good thing about track days is that there's almost always a pro photographer there. You'll see the photos, cringe in disgust at your (what you thought was good) body positioning, then make adjustments. It's actually a great learning tool. And like everyone else here has said, dragging toe has little or nothing to do with how close you are to getting a knee down. Depends on your form.

It's just too dangerous on the street. Even if the the pavement's clean at that intersection, you could wipe out and go sailing into oncoming traffic.

I admit that was a dumb thing to do... glad you dindt have an accident though, shoudl keep that stuff on teh track. And pretty much all u had to do was lay a knee out and you pretty much could've knee dragged..only if u have on proper gear. And since u did that turn i'm guessing you're decent in riding ability and shifting ur weight around.

I was so close to dragging a knee. The side of my foot was dragging on the ground. How much more does it take? If I just put my knee out there instead of keeping it against the tank would it have touched down?
- Dragging toe means you're doing it wrong.

- Even when you think you're close to dragging knee the first time, you're not.

- I guarantee your body positioning is terrible. Do some reading (code, parks, etc).

- Do a track day.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.