Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out riding on some back roads with a friend today. It was hot out (90) but I still had a lot of fun. I'm starting to get more aggressive with my turns. I used to have some mean chicken strips, but after today they're almost gone.

As you can see, I'm more comfortable leaning to the left for some reason.

Gratuitous pic of the bike:

·
I eat gixxer's
520 Posts
Yeah i can't get rid of mine dude, i'm stuck even tho i'm nailin a canyon out here at like 95 to get my self leaned over as far as possible! :( i think maybe ill take a wire brush to em so i dont look like some a woman! hahaha

Yeah I feel more comfortable leaning right, but i'm working on both atm... Canyon's on Sunday for sure, as 4th is dangerous cuz of the drunks out here.

·
No more side boob for you
1,136 Posts
He bought some ones take offs and slapped them on and took a quick pic :)

j/k

·
Registered
33 Posts
:) Na there my track tires tho (Pilot race) thats why they look so deliciously gummy!! Believe it was fresh off the track pic 2 if i can remember correctly pics 2 years old.

·
Registered
33 Posts
lol brb gonna take a pic of the front as we speak muahh!!!
[/IMG]
Beads are just rollin off!
Looks like theres some candy cane paint on there 2 from splitting the chicane!

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
my wear on the back tire looks exactly the same but i have more wear on the right side and i know why. we have 2 lane highways (4 lanes both directions total) and i ALWAYS fly on the left lane because the semi's tear up the right lane pretty bad plus i have yet to be passed on my bike. when turning right i can see more of the up coming turn because i can look through farther, on left hand turns the concrete divider in the middle blocks my view of the up coming turn when i look through the corner, thus i take the corner more carefully. i have no need to get rid off my chicken strips, i feel my riding ability is pretty satisfactory regardless of chicken strips. if it was such a big deal i would just stop hanging off the bike and that would probably get that couple extra degrees of lean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts