Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
-(0_0)-
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I went for ride yesterday. making our way back home we decided to take down a sweet twisty road. here in oregon the trees are every where & it seems like all corners are blind corners, so naturally we are taking it nice-n-easy. I was in the lead, as i dived into a long right turn i see 2 head lights in my lane- I sound the horn and lock'em up, out of panic instinct- which was a huge mistake to hit the brakes, it stood the bike striaght up. I thought I was a gonner. But luckly, the 16yr old girl texting, heard my horn just in time to swerve- as I flew over the handlebars.:cuss

thank God I was wearing gear:bow The stock right turn signal and peg took most the damage.

my question? is should I tell my wife I almost got ran over... or some a**hole tipped my bike over in a parking lot?

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
A friend and I went for ride yesterday. making our way back home we decided to take down a sweet twisty road. here in oregon the trees are every where & it seems like all corners are blind corners, so naturally we are taking it nice-n-easy. I was in the lead, as i dived into a long right turn i see 2 head lights in my lane- I sound the horn and lock'em up, out of panic instinct- which was a huge mistake to hit the brakes, it stood the bike striaght up. I thought I was a gonner. But luckly, the 16yr old girl texting, heard my horn just in time to swerve- as I flew over the handlebars.:cuss

thank God I was wearing gear:bow The stock right turn signal and peg took most the damage.

my question? is should I tell my wife I almost got ran over... or some a**hole tipped my bike over in a parking lot?
:thumbdown stupid teenager...glad your ok..

·
-(0_0)-
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why even question lying to your wife?? :dunce: I'm confused.
I know it sounds bad, and I wouldn't keep anything from her. The only reason I would consider lying is she said the first wreck and the bike is gone, plus she is 8months prego and I don't know if it's worth her stressing over.

but as always, honesty is the best policy.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
If it were me, I wouldnt say anything to her...just keep her from worrying (cause my gurl does)

just say you dropped your bike....cause in all acutality...you did...:secret

Glad youre still with us bro...

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Just say you dropped your bike while doing an oil change IF she asks. Otherwise don't say anything to her.

·
12,482 Posts
Do you have pics of your wife available? :sing

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
always answer to questions... never explain anything if she doesn't ask. most women won't even see a difference in your bike (damages or upgrades). and if she ever ask, just say that you dropped the bike "since you were uninjured, she probably won't ask you anything else". remember you are not lying, just not telling the details :sing

·
It's 1 up 5 down right?
735 Posts
you must have a nice job ")

Grats on baby to come, and a nice piece of arm candy.

Oh and as always, glad your ok. (pretty girls distract me..)

·
Registered
360 Posts
glad you're still alive man! i go apeshit when people cut me off... cant imagine what id do if someone actually caused me to wreck

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
I see SO many women texting while driving now it's crazy! If I had a dollar for every time some woman Almost took me out not paying attention. I could buy lunch for me & a friend:sing

Glad your OK.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Tell your wife the truth.

Hell, if she sells your bike maybe you can use it as a bargain point to get your balls back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts