Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a couple days ago i was riding in the very right lane of a 3 lane road. all of a sudden a car in the middle decides to turn into a shopping plaza from the middle lane...

i was going probably about 45-50mph, then i see the trick turn right infront of me!!!! time went by soo slow, and i swear i was able to think of almost everything i was doing. i squeezed my front brake and just by reaction pressed my rear brake, i went fish tailing like crazzy, and it jerked my throttle arm back, so good thing i was pulling in the clutch because i redlined that shit.

and i still try to go to a stop, and i was inches, INCHES away from hitting the cars rear end on the right side from their turn. i was already planning my fall when i hit impact and i was squeezing my tank so hard to not high side.

first real close experience, and it was pretty scary. i was shaking and breathing so hard and i stop infront of an F-150, and the guy inside was like WTF!?.....and the car that turned kept going like nothing happened. if i didn't have any self discipline; done deal for that fooker.

just a reminder, be safe and anything can happen at any time. it felt like a normal day going home from the mall too. crazzy shiit.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
Man that's bullsh*t! You're a better person than me man. I think I would have chased that [email protected]*# down and said a few things... I mean to just to make that person realize what they did!

Maybe not, she would have probably mased me...:nocontrol

Nonetheless, Good recovery! Be safe peeps!

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
Be safe out there, thats why I usually DO NOT ride in the far right lane ever unless I am turning off. I stick with the left lane or the passing lane. Less traffic although this could happen in any lane be safe out there. Always be ready. I had to ride in this damn tornado we have here in GA today haha gonna be a fun day.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Yeah, I'm noticing the colder it gets, the more people aren't looking out for bikers. I went for a ride yesterday, got forced out of my lane once by a crazy grandma not even paying attention. And countless times I saw people who were trying to turn into traffic start to go then stop when they (finally) saw me.

Beginning and end of the season is always most dangerous. :thumbdown

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
^ true that

Earlier on in the season i was going 70km in a 70 zone, right before a construction zone, so i went to skip it all and merge in at front (people allow bikers to do it, as we won't slow them down. And a dump truck went to do a left hand turn and didn't see me... I dropped gears and opened her up. Managed to swerve around it. Biggest rush I've ever had. There was no way i was stopping in time for that.

I usually try and stick to the left lane if there are left turns/intersections, unless i can seek protection from a car next to me.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Good thing you're ok man. I've fish-tailed once really bad before after coming around a bend I didn't know and getting to a stop sign. Very very scary sh-t when you feel like you have completely no control over what's about to happen.

Sounds like you handled it well!!! Be safe out there people.

·
say cheese
272 Posts
Plain and simple most folks don't give a shit about motorcycle riders. Just about every day I go I have someone pull into my lane, turn in front of me, cut me off, or have to dodge crap left in the road from people. The only means that we have to protect us from a fall is to slow way down. I know it sucks because I love to go fast on my bike and its just not possible. There are no tracks in this area and as far as the state goes I've never seen or heard of any. Just when you start to pick up the pace and enjoy the advantages of the motorcycle is when some fart knocker will test your maneuverability skills and quite possible test your will to live.

The other night I went out for an evening cruise down a country road loop that's twisty where it got really dark fast. I'm not scared of riding at night but these roads get skinny and don't have any lights and there lined with small country houses and driveways. That night I got a bad vibe that a dog or deer might hop out so I had to slow it down to approx 30mph. Well I'm cruising and scanning the terrain along with watching my mirrors for traffic where out of no where a car comes flying by me where it looked like he was trying to get as close to me as he/she could. It was so suddenly that it really surprised me which in turn caused my bike to get twitchy plus made my blood pressure jump through thru the roof.

When people do these types of things and don't considering what the effect could be it makes me loose my cool. I then want to go and do bad thing to these people which is not a good thing. In the end, right after they passed me the road came to a stop at a light where that makes the situation even worse because there was no need to pass me on such a small one lane road and risk my life. Anyways instead of pulling up beside them and quite possible getting myself into more danger I decided to write it off, skip chasing them and just go home and ride another day.

I will say that one day everyone might read or see a vid from the news stations here in Arkansas where a motorcyclist kills people in a car or vise versa. I not looking for trouble but trouble just seems to find me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.