Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Big Aloha's from Hawaii
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha from Hawaii! I'm stoked to have found this site. I have a 2006 R6 Raven that I've been riding all over the island on, and just recently added what I think are some pretty sick mods to it.

First, the bike is an '06 R6 like I said. Just rolled it to 10,000 miles. Here are the parts I've added, it will give you an idea of what I'm working with.

GPR V4 damper
Puig screen
CRG brake and clutch levers
Juicebox Pro
Vance and Hines Black CSone exhaust
Red Clear alternatives sequential tail light
Yosh fender eliminator
Yosh bar ends
D3 alumitech grips
Shogun no cut carbon fiber sliders
8000k projector headlights
Red hyper LED halo eyes
Proton flush mounts
K and N filter
Red LED pilot light
Engine ice and Honda S oil
Pilot powers

I think that's it....I will take pics and upload them asap. The headlights are getting some additional work done to them at the moment, and Randy at GPR is adjusting my damper. Soon as those are back, I'll post some legit pictures if anyone would like to see my little "Mama Yama". I have a few pics now but would rather wait to show the finished product.

Aloha from Hawaii, and many mahalos

Adam

·
Just passing through.
453 Posts
Welcome to the forum Adam, and hope to see you out there on the road one day. Always good to see another person from Hawaii on here. Ride safe and hopefully see you out there one day/night.

·
Big Aloha's from Hawaii
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mahalo for the welcome! Stoked to be on the boards. Looking forward to getting to know you and learning whatever I can.

How are things in VA?

·
Big Aloha's from Hawaii
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, slow typer. Saw those two other replies late. Thanks for the welcome everyone.

@sig- where are you in Hawaii?

@06- thanks for the welcome! Your bike and mine are very similar. Love the red on red halo/pilot. And I stripped the R6 stickers on the fairings as well. Good taste Braddah.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
:wave
Post up some pics, sounds like a sick bike.

·
Big Aloha's from Hawaii
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sick sled Candy. I want to post pics of mine, but will wait til I get my headlights and damper back. Love the all black rearsets, thinking of putting some on my ride. Its the only non black part of my bike.

I have a black Vance and Hines CSone exhaust on my bike, and the sound is just disgusting. I love it.

I also have the TBR Juice Box pro and K and N, and I was curious where would I look to get maps for that setup? Have the stock map being used now. Feel there could be some room for fine tuning.

Mahalo in advance!

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Can always get a custom tune, thats your best bet. No clue where at in Hawaii though, someone else might be able to comment on that.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
click on "go advanced" then click on the paper clip icon and attach it.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Very nice, I like that led halo setup, where did you get that?

·
Big Aloha's from Hawaii
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Three of my LEDs on my halo went out, but the guys at XDcycle.com are studs and are getting it taken care of. The "Hyper LEDs" are bright-visible even in the middle of the day in Hawaii. I am very happy with them, and the 8000k projectors. The yosh eliminator looks pretty clean IMO on the raven, with the Red lens integrated taillight. Really brought the back end together for me. If any one is curious about the exhaust, it is by far the best sounding pipe Ive heard on an R6-for my taste at least. It was a gamble that paid off in this case as I hadnt heard it on an R6 or another sportbike in person.

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Sick sled Candy. I want to post pics of mine, but will wait til I get my headlights and damper back. Love the all black rearsets, thinking of putting some on my ride. Its the only non black part of my bike.

I have a black Vance and Hines CSone exhaust on my bike, and the sound is just disgusting. I love it.

I also have the TBR Juice Box pro and K and N, and I was curious where would I look to get maps for that setup? Have the stock map being used now. Feel there could be some room for fine tuning.

Mahalo in advance!
Thanks, and your bike looks good and nice mods so far! Yeah the rearsets is crazy being the only silver parts on the bikes :nono Yamaha! you could powder coat yours or buy you an after market set? Mines Rizoma and wouldn't trade them for nothin!

Oh and love the lights!

·
Big Aloha's from Hawaii
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice, I like that led halo setup, where did you get that?

Chris @ XDcycle.com. The guys have some bad ass kits available in CCFL, LED, Hyper LED, and another CCFL type ring. My opinion, the Hyper Leds can be seen even with my brights on with 8000k projectors....Nuff said. The guys at this shop have been taking very good care of me, Highly recommend them. They actually created the Hyper Red ring kit upon my request, it wasnt available in a set prior.

By the way, if you email them, please tell them Adam In Hawaii loves his set and I said hello.

·
Just passing through.
453 Posts
Adam,

Nice bike pics! looks like you put alot of time into that bike thats for sure.
slick looking.

I'm over in Kailua. what about yourself?

·
Big Aloha's from Hawaii
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, and your bike looks good and nice mods so far! Yeah the rearsets is crazy being the only silver parts on the bikes :nono Yamaha! you could powder coat yours or buy you an after market set? Mines Rizoma and wouldn't trade them for nothin!

Oh and love the lights!
Thanks Candy- from the looks of your bike and others on this site, Im just trying to keep up! Literally! Rizoma rearsets are pricey, I take it?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts