Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.newenough.com/protective...ars/black_label_ice_leather_sport_jacket.html Most online retailers have these jackets on clearance right now for about $210. I got my black jacket from ebay for $200. It fits comfortably and has two zippered vents on the chest and one large zippered rear vent. The arms are not pre-bent so it even feels good while standing. The only downfall is that the jacket doesn't come with a zipper to connect to pants, but most pants have the upper half of the zipper than you can get sewn on to this jacket.

I used this jacket for the first time today when it was 95 degrees and humid outside. When moving, the jacket felt great. When stopped, I heated up rather quickly like any leather jacket.

I'm not sure why the jackets are all on clearance...it's a great jacket! I felt less hot wearing this jacket than I did wearing my Icon TiMax textile jacket.

·
Registered
286 Posts
http://www.newenough.com/protective...ars/black_label_ice_leather_sport_jacket.html Most online retailers have these jackets on clearance right now for about $210. I got my black jacket from ebay for $200. It fits comfortably and has two zippered vents on the chest and one large zippered rear vent. The arms are not pre-bent so it even feels good while standing. The only downfall is that the jacket doesn't come with a zipper to connect to pants, but most pants have the upper half of the zipper than you can get sewn on to this jacket.

I used this jacket for the first time today when it was 95 degrees and humid outside. When moving, the jacket felt great. When stopped, I heated up rather quickly like any leather jacket.

I'm not sure why the jackets are all on clearance...it's a great jacket! I felt less hot wearing this jacket than I did wearing my Icon TiMax textile jacket.
What you guys think is better.. AlpineStar Ice Leather jacket or Icon Accelerant Perf?

Attachments

·
MSF RiderCoach
97 Posts
Have you gone down in the icon jacket? I am basing that off of a buddy of mine who went down and his "quality icon jacket" did him no good. not hatin just trying to keep someone else from regretting an icon buy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have you gone down in the icon jacket? I am basing that off of a buddy of mine who went down and his "quality icon jacket" did him no good. not hatin just trying to keep someone else from regretting an icon buy.
I'm not trying to get defensive, but I purchased an ICON jacket and I found the quality of its leather and stitching to be on par with the A* jackets. The leather felt the same thickness and texture and the stitching felt very strong and doubled over. I don't have an anecdotal account of the jacket holding up well in a crash (or not holding up for that matter), but if the jackets "disentigrated" when fighting asphalt, I would think that more people would pipe up about it and the community would have made a statement as a whole. I know a lot of people that ride with ICON jackets and helms and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Anybody else have opinions or anecdotes one way or another about the integrity of this equipment?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts