Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking into getting a pair of the alpinestars track pants to go with my alpinestars Spinner jacket to hit the track later this summer. I haven't seen them in person so how do they attach to the jacket?

I'm also curious just to hear anybody's personal review these pants vs. others?
:werd

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have them and they zip right into my RC-1 Jacket no problem. But to be honest I really wouldn't trust the zippers if you went down hard. They just wouldn't hold up. Don't get me wrong, having your pants zip into your jacket is much better than nothing at all but it'll never be as good as a 1 piece would be. Otherwise the pants are great. They ventilate quite well here in the hot/sticky Minnesota weather and are quite comfortable. Had a friend go down hard in a pair right in front of me (I also went down because he did) and they took some major abuse in that fall and barely show it. All stitching held up fantastin after sliding 50 some feet. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them and they zip right into my RC-1 Jacket no problem. But to be honest I really wouldn't trust the zippers if you went down hard. They just wouldn't hold up. Don't get me wrong, having your pants zip into your jacket is much better than nothing at all but it'll never be as good as a 1 piece would be. Otherwise the pants are great. They ventilate quite well here in the hot/sticky Minnesota weather and are quite comfortable. Had a friend go down hard in a pair right in front of me (I also went down because he did) and they took some major abuse in that fall and barely show it. All stitching held up fantastin after sliding 50 some feet. Hope that helps.

Awesome. That's good to hear. I wish I could afford a one piece, maybe one day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts