Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the post I just made about everyone crashing... I was thinking about how bloody lucky I was in my crash. I mean, it was major, but wheely'ing it doing 50mph could've been a lot worse as shown by the video clips I download from the internet.

I mean it embarasses me that I... Solace, the guy who laughed at them so hard for doing what I did, and other stupid non-sense went down just like they did. The saying (and oh-so-wise) "what comes around goes around!" is true to the utmost...

-Solace

P.S. Case in point, don't laugh, because it's coming to you eventually... we all know it... ouch... and it does hurt.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
HEY there are own to types of riders. Ones that been down and ones that are going to go down. Hey if you ride hard and your tires give out...it just pour bad luck. But if your doing something you shouldn't be doing thats just pure stupidity.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hey if you ride hard and your tires give out...it just pour bad luck. But if your doing something you shouldn't be doing thats just pure stupidity.
That can be argued. I would consider dragging knees on the street with a street tire something you shouldn't be doing. Not just bad luck, but lack of experience cornering that fast, lack of experience handling tire slide, etc.

It's all a matter of thinking you know what you're doing, and knowing you do.
There is bad luck involved with cars hitting you, and yes maybe a tire gave out where it didn't before, but racetrack techniques on the street is not what I consider bad luck.
I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I go down on the street, but I've been lucky for 20 years I guess.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Tires will go out anywhere, track or street but more likely on the street.

If the bike is not on two wheels and rubber side down you did something wrong (your fault), not the bike. :hammer

Keep it safe everyone, I just had a friend die in a crash caused by racetrack techniques on the streets into gravel caused by another @sshole; this was not the first time that this guy has caused someone to die.

R.I.P. Dom

·
Registered
953 Posts
TexasR6 said:
Hey if you ride hard and your tires give out...it just pour bad luck. But if your doing something you shouldn't be doing thats just pure stupidity.
That can be argued. I would consider dragging knees on the street with a street tire something you shouldn't be doing. Not just bad luck, but lack of experience cornering that fast, lack of experience handling tire slide, etc.
i think that just falls into the "... doing something you shouldn't be doing...."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts