Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking forward to trying out the Forodo's as everyone seems to love them, but I can't find them in stock anywhere. Is there a good alternative to them that is somewhat reasonabley priced? Or does someone one where I can get 2 sets? I'm currently running the top of the line Vesrah's and wouldn't mind something a little cheaper
Bike is a done up 03 r6

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still need some before next weekend though lol I think I found a couple sets, but not at the $45 per set that I was hoping to pay before I was told they were out of stock

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
if you can stick it out for another month, i'll be doing something with ferodo... and quite possibly will be offering their new "zrac" pad. the next step up in the racing pad chain over the xrac. :fact

though, the pricing won't be $45/set i don't think. i've NEVER seen it that low. :laugh

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish I could wait a month but with 4 track days in the next 3 weeks I can't so I am on the hunt for some pads
I will go through you in the future though for my next set

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Found a set, what is the different between the race sintered and the non race versions?
thanks for the help guys
The amount of initial bite and overall stickiness I would imagine.... also, race pads may require more heat to perform optimally, so they may not be the best choice for street duty.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm running the cp211 cause xrac was out of stock for me as well, they have great stoping power but i dont think they last as long. I've done two race weekends and they seem to be about 1/4 worn already.

52,014 Posts
I'm running the cp211 cause xrac was out of stock for me as well, they have great stoping power but i dont think they last as long. I've done two race weekends and they seem to be about 1/4 worn already.
CP's don't work as well if you can't keep heat in them... if this is the case, you are better off with XRAC's...

·
Registered
404 Posts
CP's don't work as well if you can't keep heat in them... if this is the case, you are better off with XRAC's...
they are race only for me and i find they work rather well. i have noticed a couple times on my cool down lap after a race that they seem to fade a bit but i have never had issues while racing. another downside is they ar really messy, always cleaning my calipers and fairings lol. i will most likely be trying these new pads you guys are talking about though

52,014 Posts
they are race only for me and i find they work rather well. i have noticed a couple times on my cool down lap after a race that they seem to fade a bit but i have never had issues while racing. another downside is they ar really messy, always cleaning my calipers and fairings lol. i will most likely be trying these new pads you guys are talking about though
CP's don't work as well at tracks like Willow Springs (big track) where there are multiple areas for the brakes to cool a lot. XRAC's don't have to retain the same kind of heat to work well. XRAC's have a little less initial bike and a progressive torque curve. The ZRAC's aren't designed to replace the XRAC's... rather, they have a stronger initial bite and flatter torque curve. Both feature Ferodo's patented Array Cooling (the AC in the acronym).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts