Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I go to this event every year and I always have a blast, it's about a 6 hours drive and I get to ride my bike on the track. I end out friday, register, set up camp, always turn 14. Once camp is situated go out for a little ride about elkhart lake, curving back rounds. Just some quick pics of the action.

Camp is set.

Hot and humid on Saturday. Spotted Micheal Jordon in the Jordon/Suzuki pits, a mass of people around there.

This is turn 14, Ben Spies dumped his bike here during qualifying and quickly got back to the pits and got on the back up bike. Went by the Suzuki tent later and bike was already disassembled.

Turn 5, racers are flying into this turn, heavy braking, two other races were held before the superbike race and the track was a little damp from the morning rains, by 3pm the guys were really dragging the knee
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/ltkevindecker/P6082706.jpg?t=1213065724[img]

Video of turn 5:
[url]http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/ltkevindecker/?action=view&current=P6082711.flv[/url]

Jordan's Ferrari-notice license plate
[img]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/ltkevindecker/P6082716.jpg?t=1213065735

Ben Spies won Saturday, Maladin second
Maladin won Sunday, Spies second

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
cool, deck. thanks for sharing.

p.s. don't ever butcher Michael Jordan's name again. not with a chicagoan around haha :sing
it was pretty sweet here was there, tho. this guy is worth so much money in so many ways...

·
Registered
96 Posts
i rode through the turn 14 camp area several times on the TTR (one with the loud M4 pipe) and couldnt find your ass.....:dunce:

we had a pretty sh*tty weekend there. besides the rain and lack of track time, the chain broke about 50 yards after the start of superstock race. my other friend racing was the one on the R6 that crashed hard going into 5 in the supersport race. he shifted from 6th to 5th and the clutch blew itself up locking the rear instantly. he held onto it as long as he could before the bike highsided him off. :eek:

so we left sunday afternoon wet, disappointed and STILL 7 EFFING POINTS SHORT OF A SUBERBIKE LICENSE:BS

(im pretty sure i rode past your camper several times too, didnt see the 6 or i would have stopped. also i forgot my camera at home so no pictures)

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i rode through the turn 14 camp area several times on the TTR (one with the loud M4 pipe) and couldnt find your ass.....:dunce:

we had a pretty sh*tty weekend there. besides the rain and lack of track time, the chain broke about 50 yards after the start of superstock race. my other friend racing was the one on the R6 that crashed hard going into 5 in the supersport race. he shifted from 6th to 5th and the clutch blew itself up locking the rear instantly. he held onto it as long as he could before the bike highsided him off. :eek:

so we left sunday afternoon wet, disappointed and STILL 7 EFFING POINTS SHORT OF A SUBERBIKE LICENSE:BS

(im pretty sure i rode past your camper several times too, didnt see the 6 or i would have stopped. also i forgot my camera at home so no pictures)
Was he the guy that laid there along the wall for awhile?, we walked up to turn 5 and saw all the commotion, track crew running around, red flag. Abulance came, bike thrown in the back of a pickup. The camper was about 60 feet from the fence, I road on the parade shit on Saturday-humid, damn goldwing pushed me out into the humps in turn 5, passed him giving him the one finger hello. Bike was covered up the rest of the time, loaded the bike and left after the superbike race, saw mladin do a nice 360 burnout in winner's circle.

·
Registered
96 Posts

yeah he was down for a while right along the wall. i called him today and the only things he remembers is the tire locking up, the medic talking to him, and the doctor talking to him later. i was in the medic building for awhile with him trying to figure out what happened and he didnt know i was there till i told him today. sprained ankle and a bad concussion

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope he is alright, when I crashed I was f***ed up for a couple of weeks, blood on my brain and such. Been like a crazy man ever since.

·
Registered
96 Posts
looks like an akrapovic

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roger that-Akrapovic, full titanium, ear plugs required especially when going 150mph. I want a black can someday, because I want to do some powder coating, rearsets, levers, etc. Later Dude.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanx for sharing those pics bro there nice. im going to see the motogp race in indianapolis in sept. it will be my first time to go see a pro race in person.
Hauling the bike up from TX? I'm from WI and a little closer to Indy, thinking about going myself. AMA is cool and all but MotoGP gives me a hard-on. Riders are different, bikes are different, umbrella girls are better. Maybe I got a thing for Italians :nocontrol

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
sweet pics, definately looks like tons of fun. im dieing to make it to a race myself, just dont have the time with working full time and college classes at night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts