Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either I've been completely outta the loop (probably) or hopefully I'm not reposting this, but I just found out that Alanta's going to be getting a new track beginning next year!

Atlanta Motorsports Park will be in Dawsonville, GA, about 33 miles from Alpharetta. It's over 2 miles long in it's longest configuration. 141 vertical feet of elevation change :)nocontrol). Formula One style curbing and rumble-strips as well as extensive runoff areas, mitigating impact zones and safety barriers.

It sounds like they're sparing no expense in the construction of this place, which will be operational in the first quarter of 2011. They're going all out, and all green, with the track facilities and they say that the track design itself was designed by Tilke Engineers & Architects which have designed many world class venues across the globe!

I'm psyched! :YEA

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Wow! Pretty jealous that's not here. Looks like an awesome course

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! Pretty jealous that's not here. Looks like an awesome course
I can't wait, dude. There's something about new stuff (even if it ain't the best always) that I just can't get enough of! I wanna be there to smell the wet paint! :*tongue

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dayum, looks like a great track, wish I was in ATL, also got family there too as added bonus
Hey man...where there's a will there's a way! But I feel ya...like...I'll probably never get the honor of riding Laguna... :cheers

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks sick! hopefully NESBA will start doing some days there
...and SBTT! I'm hoping they'll be all over this, and I get to go ride on some brand new tarmac (or whatever that crap is made out of! :laugh)!!!

·
If u read this you're gay
343 Posts
Now, to only get one in Arlington TX to go along with our brand new cowboys stadium...
**** texas motor speedway, that shit is a nascar loop

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
...and SBTT! I'm hoping they'll be all over this, and I get to go ride on some brand new tarmac (or whatever that crap is made out of! :laugh)!!!
i've been wanting to run with SBTT, but havent found the time or $$ to do it :(

i hear its MUCH better than NESBA

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now, to only get one in Arlington TX to go along with our brand new cowboys stadium...
**** texas motor speedway, that shit is a nascar loop
Same as Atlanta Motor Speedway. I wouldn't waste rubber on that track even if I had nothing better to do! :laugh

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i've been wanting to run with SBTT, but havent found the time or $$ to do it :(

i hear its MUCH better than NESBA
Same here, and they seem like they have things on lockdown real nice with organization and everything. Although, I don't like how they do their Novice group...'follow the leader' for the first umpteen sessions! :thumbdown

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Same here, and they seem like they have things on lockdown real nice with organization and everything. Although, I don't like how they do their Novice group...'follow the leader' for the first umpteen sessions! :thumbdown
just gotta sign up for I group :fact

i HATE following 10 noobs and a CR leading them around the track at mind numbingly slow speeds... i'm all for people learning and getting out there, but getting stuck behind them is a fcuking nightmare, if i'm on a race track i shouldnt be taking a 90 degree turn sitting up with my left hand on my leg...

all the guys i know who run B group with nesba sign up for I with SBTT to avoid that shit

·
You see me trollin'
1,910 Posts
:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts