Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kneedragger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Repsol oil on my bikes for 11 years and I've been wanting to switch to Amsoil because of its reputation. Question for riders that have used both, recommend? will I feel a difference? Good or bad? Thanks in advance.

·
Lifted
177 Posts
you won't feel a difference. Repsol is amazing. Amsoil is amazing. Whatever anyone tells you, have Blackwater do an oil breakdown analysis after you've ran both and you'll have a definitive answer :)

IMO use whatever of the two is cheaper and more readily available to you.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
i agree with the above comment; the differences between the two oils are probably negligible. i use amsoil and i love it. my buddy uses repsol and he loves it. we both abuse our bikes in roughly the same manner. use what's available and costs less in your area...

s3aturnr

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I used to be able to get repsol sintetico for $5 a quart. but my buddy sold his business to a jackass. this dick wants $12 a quart.
I've been using repsol since 2004 in my bike. currently has 40,800 miles and the valves are still in spec, clutch is original, cam chain tensioner and guides are not even started to be worn.

but since I can't get it any longer I search for deals in the off season and buy what I need for the riding season. last year I found 7 quarts of Maxima Ultra 4 racing. this stuff sells for $16 a quart from maxima. I got them for $2 a quart on clearance.:YEA

·
Registered
859 Posts
I used to run Amsoil and now using Repsol. Im my book Repsol is better. I am no expert on oil but what I noticed using Repsol is that the bike shifts smoother and remains smoother for more miles, not by many but its noticeable.

I also recently gave Motul a try and its the same outcome of Amsoil, felt really nice at the beginning but got harsh very quickly.

·
Ride It
984 Posts
I know we have some Amsoil Dealers on the forums that can set you up with some. Not sure about Repsol though. I picked up some off one of our Amsoil Reps a while back and it was cheaper than buying it local. Obviously better to buy in bulk and plan for future oil/filter changes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.